sharetrader
Page 184 of 397 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3966
    Investor

Bodes well DRP strike price though, guess gotta look on the brighter side

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Would you be selling down at this point Roger? It's over 25% of my portfolio so I'm starting to get a bit jittery, but to be honest I really do back this company and they've delivered well on their results and forcasts so far. It's not far off the SP before aquisition annoucements now.
    I see it as a hold now mate. To be honest about it I sold half mine at $3.90 cum divvy, (sorry the hound doesn't always bark when he makes a trade one way or the other) based on Milford's volume they might still have on offer and concerns that the American acquisition is debt funded and may be impacted a little bit by factors related to the new administration.
    I don't see it as a sell now at this price but I'm not buying back the shares I sold earlier either. The sale I made was consistent with my main methodology of mitigation of perceived risk, notwithstanding the growth story. As you point out they have a very good record with extracting synergies and efficiencies from previous acquisitions so I am confident over the medium / long term they will repeat that but there could be the possibility of some short term challenges which is what couta1 and I chatted about yesterday.

On the whole diversification thing, that's something each person has to decide for themselves. The Bible teaches us to invest in seven or eight things because no man should be so proud as to be so sure of himself about the future, only God knows the future for sure...I believe in the Bible as the ultimate source of wisdom and truth so I stick to that principle and won't have more than one seventh in any one stock, although I might be a tiny fraction over that (currently 14.7% of my portfolio in SUM at present, bad dog !). I think our friend Couta1 who's also a great believer in the good book must have a different translation to me LOL. I like my Wellington friend a lot and I am sure this diversification thing will be the source of some further good natured ribbing between us going forward Here's some wisdom from the good book, what does the Bible have to say about investing ? Enjoy
    http://www.biblemoneymatters.com/wha...out-investing/
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-04-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

I'm going to hold as well Jeremy, in fact I am considering buying a few more as if I like a company I am quite happy to average down as I have done to good effect with a number of shares most recently AIR and FBU. However its only 2.7% of my portfolio......

I don't know where you are at with your life cycle....I have retired....and would not be happy with any stock reaching 25% of my portfolio, unless it was by stella growth. If you are not in the red....you could consider selling a few for a smaller profit ? I certainly felt having smaller allocations to any particular stock was beneficial with the recent FBU (3%) downgrade. HBL is my biggest at 14%...and that makes me a little nervous. My average is a bit over 3%...and I hold 35 stocks...NZ and OZ.

Some would call it diworseification.......

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    MA200 is at 2.39 - i.e. technically they are not (yet) in a downtrend!
    Thanks for the technicals, BP, not my strong point. For my practical purposes, a stock whose shareprice trends down for several days in a row - is in a downtrend!

percy

Today the sp is $3.55.The 100day EMA is $3.67 so the sp is below that,however it is above the 200 day EMA which is $3.42.
    A year ago the sp was $2.60,two years ago the sp was $1.60 and five years ago the sp was 61 cents.
    So the sp remains in a very strong long term up trend.
    Had I been planning a trip for the last few years to USA I would still be going.Worldwide we are seeing an ageing population,either retired or coming up for retirement.They love to travel,so there are huge tailwinds in this sector.I was underweighted in this sector so I doubled my THL holding recently.I also hold MCK.
    I think the Chairman Rob Campbell has the ability to attract a strong board,and THL's management is good too.
    I am therefore "well positioned."

Veteran novice

I like THL too, percy. My "downtrend" stance relates to whether or not THL is a good Buy now. In my opinion, not yet.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I like THL too, percy. My "downtrend" stance relates to whether or not THL is a good Buy now. In my opinion, not yet.
    Agreed.........But as a long term holder I am not a seller.

Looking at the depth there's a little u beside the bid at $3.51 which stands for undisclosed buyer (minimum of $100K value buy order), possibly Couta1 at that buy price if that gives anyone some comfort for the weekend. I don't think we can completely discount the heightened geopolitical risk around Syria and North Korea at present as not having the potential to hinder tourism if the U.S. gets drawn into a protracted military campaign directly against either / both regime's. I remain cautious and watchful.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I don't think we can completely discount the heightened geopolitical risk around Syria and North Korea at present as not having the potential to hinder tourism if the U.S. gets drawn into a protracted military campaign directly against either / both regime's. I remain cautious and watchful.
    Lots of people can't even point to Syria on a map. People travel if they want to travel imo. For the Nz profit we are seen as a super safe nation so we get more business. As for the US profit I think most people in the US travel regardless of how many bombs trump drops on Assad

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Looking at the depth there's a little u beside the bid at $3.51 which stands for undisclosed buyer (minimum of $100K value buy order), possibly Couta1 at that buy price if that gives anyone some comfort for the weekend. I don't think we can completely discount the heightened geopolitical risk around Syria and North Korea at present as not having the potential to hinder tourism if the U.S. gets drawn into a protracted military campaign directly against either / both regime's. I remain cautious and watchful.
    Forget about the u $3.51 mate, I picked up a few more this morning at $3.46, should have been my normal self and got stuck in, it's bounced nicely this arvo, perhaps Milford are having a break from selling today.