sharetrader
Page 187 of 397 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3962

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    These numbers are silly in my view. If I buy a long black or a Steinlager at Nelson airport waiting for my flight, it is apparently classed as tourism export earnings. Go figure !!
    But if you weren't departing to earn overseas income you wouldn't be quaffing that coffee so it sort of is export earnings mate
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    These numbers are silly in my view. If I buy a long black or a Steinlager at Nelson airport waiting for my flight, it is apparently classed as tourism export earnings. Go figure !!
    Have a Scotch,then you will be adding to imports?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    But if you weren't departing to earn overseas income you wouldn't be quaffing that coffee so it sort of is export earnings mate
    People want to count everything or want you to favour their jurisdiction..feel like piggy in the middle..

They way i drink, export earnings before I fly away all the time is dwarfing what my US based firm earns haha. US tax advisor advise of wings of change in the US.. saying need to tweak and restructure to bring less earnings back home to keep IRS happy..what about the IRD..hmmm... while.... US fed official at a business meeting says they want business like mine, with a large US payroll to structured through the US and in turn encouraging pay lower income tax in the US or through the US state of Delaware... they are aiming to be the largest, most competitive tax haven option...I need another drink...

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    People want to count everything or want you to favour their jurisdiction..feel like piggy in the middle..

They way i drink, export earnings before I fly away all the time is dwarfing what my US based firm earns haha. US tax advisor advise of wings of change in the US.. saying need to tweak and restructure to bring less earnings back home to keep IRS happy..what about the IRD..hmmm... while.... US fed official at a business meeting says they want business like mine, with a large US payroll to structured through the US and in turn encouraging pay lower income tax in the US or through the US state of Delaware... they are aiming to be the largest, most competitive tax haven option...I need another drink...
    You've had enough to drink. Come back later and tell us what you really meant. Lol.

I preferred the sober Raz.

Investor

I think its fairly safe to assume that Milford finished their selling for now...a big parcel transacted this arvo at 3.85...

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I think its fairly safe to assume that Milford finished their selling for now...a big parcel transacted this arvo at 3.85...
    Hmmm...spoke too soon.

From today's budget:

Tourism: $61 million towards a new $102 million tourisminfrastructure fund for regional New Zealand. $86 millionfor DOC tourism infrastructure around New Zealand.

I mean at this point the government is like subsidising THL's growth right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    From today's budget:

Tourism: $61 million towards a new $102 million tourisminfrastructure fund for regional New Zealand. $86 millionfor DOC tourism infrastructure around New Zealand.

I mean at this point the government is like subsidising THL's growth right?
    Heading back towards $4. I'm waiting on a USA Market update before potentially buying some more. You'd think strong NZ performance is set to continue for the foreseeable future.

When the USA market update? Thanks