sharetrader
Page 188 of 397 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3965

Hi,anyone knows why there are 8 cents dropped today? Any news updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hi,anyone knows why there are 8 cents dropped today? Any news updated?
    Presume its to do with the political climate in the U.K. and US. Plus the terror attack over the long weekend leaving some concerns about the world. Not surprised it's having a small impact on THL

Interesting article about thl - esp where the industry is in theCapital Cycle

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...tal-cycle.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Interesting article about thl - esp where the industry is in theCapital Cycle

http://www.goodreturns.co.nz/article...tal-cycle.html
    Interestig article but I don't agree fully.

The NZ caparvan market is profitable, but partly because of THLs expertise and fleet optimisation. I can't see companies flocking into their business model and creating competition because there's not a huge market in NZ in the first place and THL could essentially lower their prices and push them out of the market if they did enter. The whole industry here makes what 20m profit in NZ?

THL also has growth scheduled in the USA which is a huge market. I think there's more competition here, but the size of the market should bring plenty of opportunities.

The major risk is a decline in tourism and companies fighting for market share and to stay alive. THL has targeted 50m in 2020 and so far they're delivering
    Last edited by JeremyALD; 08-06-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Interestig article but I don't agree fully.

The NZ caparvan market is profitable, but partly because of THLs expertise and fleet optimisation. I can't see companies flocking into their business model and creating competition because there's not a huge market in NZ in the first place and[B] THL could essentially lower their prices and push them out of the market if they did enter. [/B]T he whole industry here makes what 20m profit in NZ?

THL also has growth scheduled in the USA which is a huge market. I think there's more competition here, but the size of the market should bring plenty of opportunities.

The major risk is a decline in tourism and companies fighting for market share and to stay alive. THL has targeted 50m in 2020 and so far they're delivering
    I think the highlighted bits is what the article was alluding to - market gets profitable ...new entrants come in ...and prices / profits fall.

Otherwise generally agree with what you say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

https://www.nzx.com/companies/THL/announcements/302846

Yet another profit upgrade - the good gets better!

Back to $4+ where it belongs...

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/THL/announcements/302846

Yet another profit upgrade - the good gets better!
    Great stuff and brilliant to hear both NZ and USA are doing well. Will be very interesting to see numbers from the US when they're available

On track to that $50m - share price still not reflecting that

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    On track to that $50m - share price still not reflecting that
    agree with winner, mr market definitely not reflecting the full value. I've got a target of over $6, based on this morning's upgrade and some fairly moderate growth assumptions into the future...taking another look at my own figures/assumptions at the moment in case I'm missing something. On current earnings, that would be a PE of 23, but in a couple of years, that PE will be well around 20 at that $6 price...so not beyond the bounds of reason for what could be considered a growth share...

(Disc: Hold)