sharetrader
Page 195 of 397 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3966
    Hunting for Heuristic trends

Another positive aspect is this companies performance in the US market

percy

Cheap airfares for young and old,an aging worldwide population with time and money means this sector is growing very rapidly.
    Some interesting things to note.ATL Apollo Leisure in Aussie report forward bookings in all the countries they serve are well up on last year.
    I also note The NZ Cruise sector is expecting to grow from $447 mil in 2016/17 to $640 mil in 2018/19 seasom,that is a massive 43.17%.
    THL are certainly in the right sector,doing the right things.
    We are "well positioned."

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Cheap airfares for young and old,an aging worldwide population with time and money means this sector is growing very rapidly.
    Some interesting things to note.ATL Apollo Leisure in Aussie report forward bookings in all the countries they serve are well up on last year.
    I also note The NZ Cruise sector is expecting to grow from $447 mil in 2016/17 to $640 mil in 2018/19 seasom,that is a massive 43.17%.
    THL are certainly in the right sector,doing the right things.
    We are "well positioned."
    I was at a meeting in Nelson yesterday where some numbers for Nelson airport were told, which support your statement Percy. In 1990, 17,000 passengers movements were recorded through NSN, this year they expect to reach 1 Million. I thought these numbers were pretty outrageous so had a closer look. As can be seen on this link, the increase all over the country is simply huge and is and will continue to benefit THL, as long as we as a country keep up and provide the infrastructure needed to deal with this growth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_Year_End.29

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was at a meeting in Nelson yesterday where some numbers for Nelson airport were told, which support your statement Percy. In 1990, 17,000 passengers movements were recorded through NSN, this year they expect to reach 1 Million. I thought these numbers were pretty outrageous so had a closer look. As can be seen on this link, the increase all over the country is simply huge and is and will continue to benefit THL, as long as we as a country keep up and provide the infrastructure needed to deal with this growth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_Year_End.29
    Thanks for the link,
    Incredible.

Dilettante

Royal Caribbean and the cruise industry forecasting a 45% increase in tourist number for the coming cruise season from 230,000 to 345,000. Hopefully some of them will have a few days to spend in NZ and take advantage of the options THL has for them :-)

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU170...-more-jobs.htm

more growth, more profits .... All good
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-09-2017 at 08:36 AM.

percy

I drove through town yesterday.Had to drop into Craigs in Victoria St, and then pick up my book display from Papanui High School.
    The number of camper vans on the road surprised me.
    I no longer worry about them being Britz/Maui or the opposition Apollo, as I have shares in both companies.!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I drove through town yesterday.Had to drop into Craigs in Victoria St, and then pick up my book display from Papanui High School.
    The number of camper vans on the road surprised me.
    I no longer worry about them being Britz/Maui or the opposition Apollo, as I have shares in both companies.!
    hi percy,which one is ur favorite ,thl or apollo?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Buy the looks of these reviews you wouldn't want an Apollo one
    https://www.rankers.co.nz/experience...rhome_Holidays

Not that I know much about campervans. Only experience was years ago when hired one for three weeks in the UK. A nice new VW with a pop up top. Really cool

Had to return it to London so left wife and kid in Bristol and went for a burn along the M4. Wondered how fast it could really go - 100 mph easy oeasy - but hells bells a bus overtook me. Didn't even get lost in London and that's before the days of these GPS,
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    THL as I have owned it longer,and have a better knowledge of the company.
    Also I like their dividend.
    I don't know which will perform better in future.