sharetrader
Page 196 of 397 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3966

Any thoughts what the oil leak might do for THL,. ? Just a small blip in the bigger picture i expect. A drop in price might be a buying opportunity before 2/10 .
    thats a lot of tourists being very upset....

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Any thoughts what the oil leak might do for THL,. ? Just a small blip in the bigger picture i expect. A drop in price might be a buying opportunity before 2/10 .
    thats a lot of tourists being very upset....
    Yeah I don't think it will have much of an impact outside of inconvenience. Great stock to own. Main risk remains US and North Korea so I won't get too overexposed at this stage, although this remains my largest investment. Management is really running the business extremely well.

A few more buyers appearing today, probably trying to get the Divi. Looks like it might go a little higher before the cut off .

And edging for an all time high..... And a nice Divi.

Banned

And edging for an all time high..... And a nice Divi.
    That's why, because of the loading up of the divvy, however a lot of solid stocks are not behaving very well of late after having shed their divvy eg AIR/MCY/Spk.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    That's why, because of the loading up of the divvy, however a lot of solid stocks are not behaving very well of late after having shed their divvy eg AIR/MCY/Spk.
    Agreed. A number of people sell on ex div day, of course just in case, and buy back lower but im not sure i want to try that. It seems a bit of a trick, and takes some good calculating to make it work. Do you do that sometimes? I see Rodger has posted that before .

Agreed. A number of people sell on ex div day, of course just in case, and buy back lower but im not sure i want to try that. It seems a bit of a trick, and takes some good calculating to make it work. Do you do that sometimes? I see Rodger has posted that before .
    There is a movement towards growth stocks at the moment so I wouldn't do that with THL. I'm expecting another strong update Mid October to keep things pushing along.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    There is a movement towards growth stocks at the moment so I wouldn't do that with THL. I'm expecting another strong update Mid October to keep things pushing along.
    Looks like Jeremy's "strong update" has arrived early. Good rise today...be interesting to see whether that tempts a few to sell tomorrow. (nb - I won't be one of the sellers...)

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Looks like Jeremy's "strong update" has arrived early. Good rise today...be interesting to see whether that tempts a few to sell tomorrow. (nb - I won't be one of the sellers...)
    If a 5.1% increase (+24c) for the day is a good increase, what's a big or great increase?

Fabulous day for one of the the most well positioned stocks on the exchange. Whether you want to simply use the chart, the dividend, the massive growth that is not slowing down (and won't, barring some global catastrophe), congrats to the forward thinking holders who see this stock for what it is and what it will continue to be.