sharetrader
Page 198 of 397 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    And you also said Spk was cheap at $3.90, cheap is in the eye of the beholder.
    lol ya i did once mths ago but tthings change and i mentioned zillions of time as you know 3.90 was big hurdle to get over now thats why people need to continually monitor companies and change there views if conditions change i dont know if buy and hold for ever is really relevant anymore? therefore always dyor and make up your own mind
    Last edited by bull....; 29-09-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    When THL announced that their USA aquisitions alone would double the eps over three years, the price was sitting at $3.45. On that basis we should see a steady rise to around $7 by the end of 2019.

$5 is still cheap
    I agree with you Jantar. As long as THL will implement their US (and NZ) strategies successfully with the resulting increases in EPS, we should see a steady appreciation in both SP and dividends. THL is my biggest holding and I have no intention to sell for now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lol ya i did once mths ago but tthings change and i mentioned zillions of time as you know 3.90 was big hurdle to get over now thats why people need to continually monitor companies and change there views if conditions change i dont know if buy and hold for ever is really relevant anymore? therefore always dyor and make up your own mind
    Nothing's changed with SPK, just boring and consistent, it's just because it's controlled by big overseas fish who use it as a money parking spot according to currency fluctuations.

I do not understand.... what has happened.... sp 4.96 before 5pm.... immediately after sp 5.00......?

Quote Originally Posted by garfy View Post
    I do not understand.... what has happened.... sp 4.96 before 5pm.... immediately after sp 5.00......?
    Somebody bought at 5:13pm 350k shares for $5.00 each:

THLdepth.JPG

Funds on a spending spree?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 29-09-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Somebody bought at 5:13pm 350k shares for $5.00 each:

Funds on a spending spree?
    Possibly, or window-dressing a funds positions. Its end of month, quarter and 6mth (March year). The fund may want to say its invested in all these "great" stocks. They may also have fund rules that mean the $5 trade becomes the end of month/quarter used for calculating returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Possibly, or window-dressing a funds positions. Its end of month, quarter and 6mth (March year). The fund may want to say its invested in all these "great" stocks. They may also have fund rules that mean the $5 trade becomes the end of month/quarter used for calculating returns.
    True ... it was a quite significant date for accounting - however they would not have had to invest $1.75m to do some window dressing. Buying some hundred shares at market (instead of buying hundreds of thousands off market) would have had a better effect to that regards. Most systems don't even show the $5 as end of day trading (due to it being off market and outside of trading hours) but stick with the $4.96.

I think its more likely somebody really wanted to buy these shares at that price for investment purposes vs playing games ... but obviously - only time will tell, whether it was a wise investment ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

1,000,000 shares on Thursday and 500,000 shares on Wednesday transacted at the same price and manner after market close so definitely not end of quarter window dressing, as institution looking to build a stake through a negotiated off market price. This also explains the sudden strength in THL's price this week, buying has probably been on market during normal trading hours too. Indeed just expanding on that THL started the week at just $4.63 and has risen, (if you count $5.00 as the last trade as some websites do) a whopping 8% this week to $5.00, and that in a week when political uncertainty reigned supreme.
    Further, the SP rise really only shifted into top gear on Wednesday when it opened at $4.73 so the vast bulk of the weeks gain came in the last 3 days, (all three of which included significant off market transfers after the close).

I think that we can conclude that a stakeholder is looking to significantly add to their position as quickly as the market will allow it too. Takeover coming soon ? Just a thought
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-09-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    1,000,000 shares on Thursday and 500,000 shares on Wednesday transacted at the same price and manner after market close so definitely not end of quarter window dressing, as institution looking to build a stake through a negotiated off market price. This also explains the sudden strength in THL's price this week, buying has probably been on market during normal trading hours too. Indeed just expanding on that THL started the week at just $4.63 and has risen, (if you count $5.00 as the last trade as some websites do) a whopping 8% this week to $5.00, and that in a week when political uncertainty reigned supreme.
    Further, the SP rise really only shifted into top gear on Wednesday when it opened at $4.73 so the vast bulk of the weeks gain came in the last 3 days, (all three of which included significant off market transfers after the close).

I think that we can conclude that a stakeholder is looking to significantly add to their position as quickly as the market will allow it too. Takeover coming soon ? Just a thought
    Interesting mate. Not sure about takeover but definitely someone is after a large chunk. I am not surprised. This is probably one of the better investments currently on the NZX as far as I'm concerned. The stated profit goal in next 2 years equates to about 40-41 cps, depending on DRP uptake.. That should see dividends increase to 35-36 cps by 2020, unless they use the cash for further acquisitions (which would see eps rise even further one hopes). This most definitely is one share and one industry that I want to be in at the moment.

Tourism Holdings' Airbnb of motor homes expanding in New Zealand

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...appinstalled=0