sharetrader
Page 210 of 401 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 4006
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Action slowing down

We need to get the share price up to at least $5.50 so the Chinese feel compelled to offer at least 7 bucks

Doing my bit and buying more at the moment ...c’mon on guys do the same.

As Jacinda says ‘let’s do this’
    Another way to do it is, the big boys who currently hold lots like Milford refuse to sell them cheaply then they'll have to buy on market, with less supply the price will move up dramatically, eh winner..

Hunting for Heuristic trends

It might not actually be a take-over move, just another investment for these guys,
    Do they have a history of performing take_overs ?

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    It might not actually be a take-over move, just another investment for these guys,
    Do they have a history of performing take_overs ?
    It could be, I'm 50/50 on whether it will happen.

The wording of the announcement today seems to imply a potential takeover offer and the huge amount of buying in a short amount of time at a market high also points towards a takeover.

If it was just an investor why would THL emphasise their global strategy and that they still believe they can create shareholder value?

NZX ANNOUNCEMENT
    TOURISM HOLDINGS LIMITED (thl)
    RE: HB Holdings Limited
    thl has noted the further increase in shareholding by the China-based investment group.
    thl has a strongly articulated global strategy, which it is rolling out. We have no reason to think that this should not continue.
    We are proud of our New Zealand culture and approach. We believe there is further upside in our business and ability to grow value to our shareholders. We are hopeful New Zealand and other investors will continue to support our business and growth strategy.
    END

Authorised by:

Rob Campbell
    Chairman, Tourism Holdings Limited
    No question in my mind this is a very defensive announcement. Normally a company does not comment on SSH notices, the substantial shareholder simply posts their new holding within the timeframe required by the NZX.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Ok, Thanks, I missed that announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No question in my mind this is a very defensive announcement. Normally a company does not comment on SSH notices, the substantial shareholder simply posts their new holding within the timeframe required by the NZX.
    I remember these type of announcements from the DIL days...

How do we save this NZ icon in case if there is takeover bid? Thanks. One option is all forum members could double their shareholding and keep as long term investment without selling.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Action slowing down

We need to get the share price up to at least $5.50 so the Chinese feel compelled to offer at least 7 bucks

Doing my bit and buying more at the moment ...c’mon on guys do the same.

As Jacinda says ‘let’s do this’
    Easy for her to say that as she simply takes from taxpayers and 'do this'.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Wondering why I do not sit on my paws more

I apparently never mentioned that I own some of these and have been topping up via the DRP.

I decided to buy some more last week and then never managed to find the time to press the Buy button.

But today I pressed the button and apparently stopped the rise in it's tracks .

I wish to apologise for my behaviour and am kicking myself (gently) for buying at the days high.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    How do we save this NZ icon in case if there is takeover bid? Thanks. One option is all forum members could double their shareholding and keep as long term investment without selling.
    NZ Icon?

Usually a bad sign calling things iconic on the NZX ......usually dud investments
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”