sharetrader
Page 216 of 397 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3966
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agree 100%. N.Z. government does very little to subsidize / encourage electric vehicles, (exception from road user charges only until they make up 2% of the national vehicle fleet) is really quite a miserable and minimal incentive so the least they could do is take a lead with charging infrastructure.
    I think you will find that planning is underway within NZTA
    https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/Plan...astructure.pdf

Cheers
    RTM

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Fuelling stations for private individuals and company cars is not the role of government.

If THL want electric vehicles then they need to ensure there is an infrastructure in place to ensure their customers arent disappointed half way between Geraldine and Twizel. Actually there ought to be more petrol / diesel pumps than teri currently are - but more importantly there needs to be more toilet stops.

(we are still paying off the government's useless Fibre Broadband role out which now enables kids to play games with a better ping rate and to down load pirated stuff and stream media - why should we pay for some eco-warriors Quioxite type electric vehicle battle against climate change!)
    Normally I would agree with you minimoke about the role of Government but this time I don't. I think Government should lead this work, but probably not a subject for the THL thread although it was started based on an article about THL !!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Normally I would agree with you minimoke about the role of Government but this time I don't. I think Government should lead this work, but probably not a subject for the THL thread although it was started based on an article about THL !!
    If government is to take the lead then I will have to buy me some THL (which I am planning on doing anyway) as I will be wanting a direct return on my taxes.

IMO

Agree 100%. N.Z. government does very little to subsidize / encourage electric vehicles, (exception from road user charges only until they make up 2% of the national vehicle fleet) is really quite a miserable and minimal incentive so the least they could do is take a lead with charging infrastructure.
    Previous National govt yes .I'm looking forward to what the current govt comes up with being more genuine with their Global warming green intentions. Watching with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thanks for the link arc. Good to see THL considering this early but I'm afraid it is a bit over optimistic to suggest we will have many electric vehicles in our fleet in 18-24 months time. The infrastructure (charging stations) is not there for travelers and is unlikely to be there within that short time frame, unfortunately.
    They can charge in the camping ground , only use the extension wire and 3 pin plug will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Previous National govt yes .I'm looking forward to what the current govt comes up with being more genuine with their Global warming green intentions. Watching with interest.
    I believe current government are more environment friendly especially coalition with Green Party

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Is this good entry point now? Drop from 5.13 to 4.85 today

I will personally buy some when I see 1 miilion shares traded. be patient.

My sense is our new Chinese friends are waiting for a bit of heat to come out of the SP before trying to hoover up some more in decent volume from whoever is silly enough to sell them more, (AKA Milford).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

My sense is our new Chinese friends are waiting for a bit of heat to come out of the SP before trying to hoover up some more in decent volume from whoever is silly enough to sell them more, (AKA Milford).
    Yeah, I imagine they are still lurking in the background. May need to find some room soon to give a few a safe and sound kiwi home.