sharetrader
Page 229 of 397 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3962

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    DCF or multiples don’t matter re valuations - thl is worth what the Chinese are willing to pay

If they offer 6 bucks grant Thornton or whoever will do some sums and say on DCF basis it’s worth $5.90-$6.45

Bring it on please
    Posted 30 October 2017. Mate it turned out we didn't need the Chinese to stump up with their hot money and it got there under its own steam, (probably helped to the tune of about 50 cents by Trump's tax cuts). Rob Campbell is a pretty clever guy...wonder how many more year he has left in him ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Posted 30 October 2017. Mate it turned out we didn't need the Chinese to stump up with their hot money and it got there under its own steam, (probably helped to the tune of about 50 cents by Trump's tax cuts). Rob Campbell is a pretty clever guy...wonder how many more year he has left in him ?
    Rob has done wonders with thl hasn’t he. Turned this perennial under performer and market pariah around. For years under previous management regimes (Dennis Pickup in particular) thl was a dog and flea ridden dog at that.

People like Rob deserve to get the knighthoods they generously hand out but doesn’t seem to have ever received anything (maybe declined it). For gods sake people like Denise L'Estrange-Corbet got made a DAME the other day for services to fashion.

Well done Rob anyway
    Last edited by winner69; 31-12-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Rob has done wonders with thl hasn’t he. Turned this perennial under performer and market pariah around. For years under previous management regimes (Dennis Pickup in particular) thl was a dog and flea ridden dog at that.

People like Rob deserve to get the knighthoods they generously hand out but doesn’t seem to have ever received anything (maybe declined it). For gods sake people like Denise L'Estrange-Corbet got made a DAME the other day

Well done Rob anyway
    I couldn't agree more mate he sure has ! He has really turned this around over the years from an unloved flea ridden mangy puppy into best of breed show dog that everyone wants to pat and hug. As you quite rightly suggest he's built a legend status that's fully deserving of being recognized as such. Created massive value for shareholders in THL and SUM other companies too. He did look tired, old and rather portly at the SUM annual meeting in April...hope he keeps fit and well and we get many more years of his expertise. Hope someone has a word in his ear about the need for a good exercise regime and better diet...
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hi all. Happy New Year!Hold or Sell in 2018?

Happy holder here with no intention of selling

Not selling, bought at $1.92 and into DRP as well. My best performer in the past couple of years by a long way and more to come yet.

Dilettante

No intention of selling here. More likely to top up

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Also a long term holder here as well. No intention of selling

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Happy holding. Is 21% of my portfolio.

I've held this one since April 2007 when I bought 20000 shares. The first few years were a bit rocky and I considered selling several times but I'm now sitting on a reasonable paper gain. My bookkeeping programme tells me that the gain from net dividends plus capital gain has averaged 18.5% per annum excluding the value of any imputation credits. This is quite good but I hold eight other NZ shares that have done better within this time period. Tourism seems to be booming at the moment and camper van utilisation rates must be higher than the historic norm so there may be more good news to come. I intend to hold for a while yet.
    Last edited by glennj; 04-01-2018 at 09:28 AM.