sharetrader
Page 235 of 397 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3966

Great post Jantar, thanks for the insights. I suppose this EV thing for THL, (they are talking about dedicated routes for these new EV's), is a start in much the same way as AIR buying electric cars for management. With just 20 coming my guess is there's a very small market for very rich greenie tourists who may pay the significant premium required to hire these compared to a normal camper such that THL get a reasonable return on capital. Eco tourism campers...suppose someone has to be first and dip their toe in the water.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    But let's imagine that it is only at half capacity and that there are 750 kW of power available for charging stations.
    Is that really the full load available to the West Coast?

If 300 people switched on a heater (good ol' 3 bar 2400W/2.4kW) then the spare 750kW capacity would be maxxed already.

Or have I misunderstood W, MW and kW?

Missed by that much

You have indeed understood the situation. I believe the lines are often maxed out in winter and that is the reason for almost daily ripple control.

Veteran novice

This won't be any competition for THL!

(Watch the YouTube video at the bottom of the page)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-1...ction=business

$5.68 currently, I'm guessing (hoping?) this is merely returning to the 50-day MA and normal service will be resumed shortly ...

SP has more than tripled since $1.80 three years ago and is still trading above mid December 2017 values. Starting to wonder if this with its fairly high PE is a little vulnerable to a possible PE contraction ? Good company with sound long term growth prospects.
    If the market turns bearish...people don't have to have expensive overseas campervan holidays do they so not only the PE that could be a little vulnerable but the E could be as well. At this point I have a preference for companies that focus on people's needs not what's on their bucket list. Hope I'm wrong and the market does okay.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-02-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I agree and think it will dip or stay flat, below the 30 MA for the next 6 months like last year.
    Last edited by Yoda; 12-02-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Will the half year result on next week lift the SP?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Will the half year result on next week lift the SP?
    Depends on the results. Market has priced in a very good result and forward guidance

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    SP has more than tripled since $1.80 three years ago and is still trading above mid December 2017 values. Starting to wonder if this with its fairly high PE is a little vulnerable to a possible PE contraction ? Good company with sound long term growth prospects.
    If the market turns bearish...people don't have to have expensive overseas campervan holidays do they so not only the PE that could be a little vulnerable but the E could be as well. At this point I have a preference for companies that focus on people's needs not what's on their bucket list. Hope I'm wrong and the market does okay.
    Interesting Beagle. Do you think a bearish sharemarket will effect travel plans of many travelers intending to book caravans ? It may be possible, but I wouldn't think so. I'd argue that the rosy economic forecasts around the World and good growth in wages in USA and Europe will have more influence, a positive one. Agree with you that we are very likely to see lowering of PE's for many stocks in coming months. Hopefully THL and some others will report good earnings to support current SP and dividends.