sharetrader
Page 238 of 397 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3965
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Interesting news today to expand THL's digital marketing via a new JV called TH2 at a cost of $NZ 3 mill.

[FONT="]"THL Chairman, Mr Rob Campbell, said, “at the Annual Meetings in 2016 and 2017 we outlined our need to grow a global platform that would assist us in broadening our reach within the wider RV ecosystem. We have progressed down this path well; however, we now have a partner and set of assets that will turn our “start” into a compelling, winning global business.” [/FONT]
    TH2 will be focused on significantly enhancing the enjoyment and safety of RV enthusiasts by digitally connecting this fast growing international marketplace. This innovative and comprehensive platform will improve every aspect of RV ownership, with capabilities that include trip planning and booking, remote systems monitoring, roadside assistance, and peer-to-peer RV and campsite rental. The system will also streamline an owner’s record keeping and enable dealers and manufacturers to provide such support as triggered service notifications, online vehicle manuals and more"
    I see the joint venture as very positive.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Interesting news today to expand THL's digital marketing via a new JV called TH2 at a cost of $NZ 3 mill.

"THL Chairman, Mr Rob Campbell, said, “at the Annual Meetings in 2016 and 2017 we outlined our need to grow a global platform that would assist us in broadening our reach within the wider RV ecosystem. We have progressed down this path well; however, we now have a partner and set of assets that will turn our “start” into a compelling, winning global business.”
    TH2 will be focused on significantly enhancing the enjoyment and safety of RV enthusiasts by digitally connecting this fast growing international marketplace. This innovative and comprehensive platform will improve every aspect of RV ownership, with capabilities that include trip planning and booking, remote systems monitoring, roadside assistance, and peer-to-peer RV and campsite rental. The system will also streamline an owner’s record keeping and enable dealers and manufacturers to provide such support as triggered service notifications, online vehicle manuals and more"
    Sounds like a positive move to me...looks like a way to access growth on 'their' assets (now the JV's) by using $47m of Thor's cash to do it. Also interesting to see if it results in any longer-term tie-up between Thor and THL.

it's a positive move... you can tell from yesterday's sp move...

Nice little move yesterday on some good news about new innovation and partnerships. I feel confident that THL will arrive at their $50 million figure even faster than they predicted. I hear the term "peak tourism" on here sometimes which I think is just dead wrong. The fact is, people are flocking to New Zealand so fast we can barely keep up with the numbers. Yes there are serious demands on infrastructure given these developments, but moves like this and their "Green" initiatives show me THL is thinking a few moves ahead.

Anecdotally, I've had about a dozen people come from the states to visit me in the last four years. 30 years ago New Zealand wouldn't have been on the radar of anyone but the most experienced and savvy travellers. LOTR changed a lot of things, but since the advent of social media people can now "see" the beauty of their friend's travel pictures and want to create the same experience. The people are coming, and will continue to come. I know a lot of people don't love this idea, but it's a reality. THL to me has a thoughtful approach that tries to balance the explosiveness of this growth with some responsible and environmentally conscious stewardship
    Last edited by cymonger; 16-02-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    it's a positive move... you can tell from yesterday's sp move...
    and a nice 3.1% rise on start of day today.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by cymonger View Post
    Nice little move yesterday on some good news about new innovation and partnerships. I feel confident that THL will arrive at their $50 million figure even faster than they predicted. I hear the term "peak tourism" on here sometimes which I think is just dead wrong. The fact is, people are flocking to New Zealand so fast we can barely keep up with the numbers. Yes there are serious demands on infrastructure given these developments, but moves like this and their "Green" initiatives show me THL is thinking a few moves ahead.

Anecdotally, I've had about a dozen people come from the states to visit me in the last four years. 30 years ago New Zealand wouldn't have been on the radar of anyone but the most experienced and savvy travellers. LOTR changed a lot of things, but since the advent of social media people can now "see" the beauty of their friend's travel pictures and want to create the same experience. The people are coming, and will continue to come. I know a lot of people don't love this idea, but it's a reality. THL to me has a thoughtful approach that tries to balance the explosiveness of this growth with some responsible and environmentally conscious stewardship
    Agree 100%, another strategic move that surely should make them achieve that $50m number faster than they've forecasted.

Investor

'thl noted the half-year result for FY18 would be released on Thursday 22 February, where an update will be provided on the forecast for the year and a more refined expectation of the positive impacts from the recent US tax reforms."

The above snippet from today's release notes sums it up aptly as to what's going to unfold next week and beyond.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    'thl noted the half-year result for FY18 would be released on Thursday 22 February, where an update will be provided on the forecast for the year and a more refined expectation of the positive impacts from the recent US tax reforms."

The above snippet from today's release notes sums it up aptly as to what's going to unfold next week and beyond.
    Yes I noted this little snippet and think it is the reason for thee jump in the SP this morning. They can not really be any more direct about the HY being pleasantly surprising. Hopefully we will see a decent lift in the divie this year, as well as the SP of course. Must say this is not a bad morning to have half your portfolio tied up in THL & HLG :-)

Default Amen

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Agree 100%, another strategic move that surely should make them achieve that $50m number faster than they've forecasted.
    Cheers to all the longs who have the good sense to withstand some silly little bumps along the way. If you read this thread this week you may have been led to believe it would take two years for the shareprice to get back to its all time high. It took two days. That's why you invest in good companies with good leadership. For days like this where they show the ability to keep improving and redefining their business model.
    Last edited by cymonger; 16-02-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes I noted this little snippet and think it is the reason for thee jump in the SP this morning. They can not really be any more direct about the HY being pleasantly surprising. Hopefully we will see a decent lift in the divie this year, as well as the SP of course. Must say this is not a bad morning to have half your portfolio tied up in THL & HLG :-)
    Yes, markets are looking desperately for companies that deliver good news and they lap them up at the first hint of that confirmation. After few scary bits of bad news from a giant like FBU and another not so well known like CBL.