sharetrader
Page 261 of 397 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3966

People forgoton the th2 big growth story in the next a few years will be major. It is like a air bnb plateform. Has some big valuation going forward

I first bought these shares in 2012 at average 65c. Not very many unfortunately. Golden City has always been a cheer leader for THL. I suspect he has made a heap of money out of THL and good on him. I hope he is right about the future prospects for THL. On his past record I am sure he will be right. GC seems to understand the business way more than most.

thanks golden city and Brian,make me more firmly to hold. But the problem is since first week of school holiday, the THL SP dropped more than 10%, seem like somebody desperately selling and dont care about price, and most of us here dont know the reason,and there are another school holiday week coming soon

Let’s have a relax holiday and comeback take the dividends

I see THL as a good business with great management. Not overvalued like many I see on the NZX board but also not a bargain either.

I don’t know its history in detail by any means but I believe they’d do far better focusing on their tourism experiences side of the business than such a capital heavy focus on rv’s and campers e.g el monte acquisition in U.S .

By their nature campers require large amounts of debt to achieve acceptable returns on equity or shareholder funds which makes them vulnerable to rate rises and just more vulnerable in general.

their tourism business are extremely capital light, very easy to build large amounts of goodwill when you have all the happy customers giving glowing reviews online etc.
    though its not an asset THL owns theres several extremely viral videos of the giant queenstown swing on facebook giving them what looks like a tidal wave of customers screaming to do it themselves.

in 2016 annual report their tourism sector achieved 37% ROFE vs. 15.6% for average camper ROFE.

If they just focus on the NZ market and use the Kiwi experience bus and tablet / software in their campers to guide punters round the country to THL’s different experiences while developing new ones and acquiring others at reasonable prices they would do extremely, extremely well, I think.

bit of rambling but just a bit of fun

disc; do not hold.

What Golden City was alluding to when he referred to THL as the Air Bnb was THL connecting customers to privately owned camper vans. No capital required here just software and systems. Could be very lucrative. Air BnB is a very good analogy. A global business perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    What Golden City was alluding to when he referred to THL as the Air Bnb was THL connecting customers to privately owned camper vans. No capital required here just software and systems. Could be very lucrative. Air BnB is a very good analogy. A global business perhaps.
    yes I’m aware of that and its an interesting development. How hard would it be for airbnb to add campervan functionaility? I think extremely easy and they already have the systems, customer base etc..

watching with interest.

That queenstown swing is the only one in the world afaik and certainly the only one with the crazy queenstown scenery and backdrop. Nice big moat with that one, would love to see its numbers.

The SP is now at the same level as it was 2 months ago and is still ahead of what it was after the half-yearly result was announced in February (about $5.98 February, $6.07 now). There have been no announcements from the company since February and the volume of shares being traded in the past two months is very small. Seems to me there is a bit of profit taking mixed with a bit of fear. Despite USA politics, tourism is still flourishing and airlines are still making profits and ordering new planes. Maybe the THL SP got a bit ahead of itself but in the absence of any advice from the company all seems to be in good order. Go back and read the half-yearly report!

From my perspective it's a case of do nothing, pick up a few more shares if it drops below the February 2018 peak ($$5.98) and wait for the full year report next month. My pick is that it will be reporting continuing improvement and the SP will resume it's upward climb. I bought in at an average of $1.96 three years ago and have accumulated more from the DRP ever since so I'm a very happy holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    yes I’m aware of that and its an interesting development. How hard would it be for airbnb to add campervan functionaility? I think extremely easy and they already have the systems, customer base etc..

watching with interest.

That queenstown swing is the only one in the world afaik and certainly the only one with the crazy queenstown scenery and backdrop. Nice big moat with that one, would love to see its numbers.
    It’s more than just an Airbnb thing panda ...it’s an entire ecosystem for RV lovers.....trip planning, reservations, maintainence schedules etc etc ....a real community for RV people worldwide.

You know the power of these things eh ....ginormous potential in being part of it

Have a look ....better still get the app

https://roadtrippers.com/new-zealand

Then go global
    Last edited by winner69; 14-07-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

My mistake. Sounds much more valuable than I had it pictured in my head.

I do actually know a frw people who use campermate and are very keen on it.