sharetrader
Page 265 of 397 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Before buying THL, I would rather wait for the FY report, looking to see is the dividend being paid by their earning, or the company have to take more loan, just to keep up with the dividend.

you're on to it 44wishlists ..... last few years free cash flow hasn’t covered dividends Which sort of says had to increase debt to pay them..... this year free cash might just be enough to cover an increased divie ...otherwise need to borrow a bit more eh

But who cares about debt anyway .... profits are everything and more important than cash flows (though Bezos would disagree and didn't he just become the richest man on the planet)

so 44wishlists .... better not wait ...buy now
    Last edited by winner69; 18-07-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...iple-times.htm

Not sure where to post this but I suppose it has the most potential to hurt AIR or THL. Interesting that one's trip aboard a boat to see the Milford sound for example apparently already includes a DOC charge. Thing is N.Z. is not cheap and I looked at a decent 6 person motorhome for 10 days ex Queenstown and there's so little change from $4,000 you'd struggle to replenish the gas tank with it.

If they keep adding costs on top it can't help can it ! On the other hand the lower Kiwi does help tourists money go further so perhaps this is the right time to introduce a levy but well worth noting that tourists already pay billions in GST.

Just thinking out loud..I wonder if the tax working group currently doing their whole think tank exercise arrive at the conclusion that GST going up is the real answer to their multi billion dollar question... Could we end up at 20% GST like the U.K. ? What effect on tourism then ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-07-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...iple-times.htm

Not sure where to post this but I suppose it has the most potential to hurt AIR or THL. Interesting that one's trip aboard a boat to see the Milford sound for example apparently already includes a DOC charge. Thing is N.Z. is not cheap and I looked at a decent 6 person motorhome for 10 days ex Queenstown and there's so little change from $4,000 you'd struggle to replenish the gas tank with it.

If they keep adding costs on top it can't help can it ! On the other hand the lower Kiwi does help tourists money go further so perhaps this is the right time to introduce a levy but well worth noting that tourists already pay billions in GST.

Just thinking out loud..I wonder if the tax working group currently doing their whole think tank exercise arrive at the conclusion that GST going up is the real answer to their multi billion dollar question... Could we end up at 20% GST like the U.K. ? What effect on tourism then ?
    even if the double tourist taxation comes to fruition in the most heavy handed form I don’t see it having a materialimpact on AIR at all. It may affect THL in a small way. I think the more pernicious effect is on long term tourism which is much harder to measure and I think that increasing costs to tourists too much relative to what they get in return is a dangerous game.

i agree with you NZ is incredibly expensive!

I’m headed off to Sri Lanka in a couple of months for a month of travel and their tourist pricing gets a lot of hate by tourists. Obviously locals having a much lower income than most of the tourists can only pay a few dollars equivelant in NZD for cultural or historic sites but they charge tourists 10 or 20x this price. It doesn’t overly bother me I can see why they do it, i’m still going to pay up and enjoy but does generate negative talk from many others on blogs, youtube etc..

The Economic effiency of GST is a thing of beauty but it does hit the poor and those on lower incomes disproportionately and incredibly hard so it is tricky.

IIRC Germany has a GST of 19% fairly similar to the UK though their rate on food is only around 7%. The problem with seperate gst rates is you lose one of the main benefits which is the efficiency it generates.

bit of a minefield.

Looks to gain some momentum back

Yes definitely seems to be a lot of support at the moment. hopefully we have hit the bottom. I bought a few more at 6:10 but will watch it carefully. Hopefully not a dead cat bounce

• Two bullish reversal candles (dragonfly dojis) on the D1 two days ago.
    • Rejection off the Ichimoku Senku Span B (Leading Span B) and hidden divergence (RSI and Stoch) from the previous low pivot mid feb
    • 0.618 fib retracement almost to the tick from same pivot.
    • RSI oversold
    • Bounce off psychological and S/R @ $6

Continuation of the uptrend

Disc: Already long term holder. Purchased small parcel for my wee son
    Last edited by causecelebre; 24-07-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Up as fast as down

yes very nice
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    Up as fast as down

This time you’ve picked up an extra happy camper for the long run.

Also GC I admire your commitment to THL that seems well based.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yes definitely seems to be a lot of support at the moment. hopefully we have hit the bottom. I bought a few more at 6:10 but will watch it carefully. Hopefully not a dead cat bounce
    Still trading well below the 100 day moving average line as is ATM. Nerves being tested for long term shareholders. Both good companies that both probably just got a bit ahead of themselves. Reality bites and its not usually a fun experience although today provided some relief.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-07-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine