sharetrader
Page 272 of 397 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    H118 profits were stunning - up 102% on pcp

Second half profits DOWN 22% on pcp (not counting that one big off)
    Ouch, that is awful. Shares have been in a nice uptrend for quite some time and nicely above 100 day MA for ages...but that's now been breeched and company is forewarning of lower profits for FY19.

Correction from ~ $6.85 in early July all done and dusted yet ? You folks be the judge.
    By the way....I brought up the chart today. There was a very clear head and shoulders a little while ago, seldom have I seen a clearer head and shoulders image. The warning signs were there for those into TA. Surprised nobody on here mentioned it before ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-08-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    a very clear head and shoulders . The warning signs were there for those into TA. Surprised nobody on here mentioned it before ?
    True dat!
    Its a little lopsided - symmetry is good. But yeh a H&S by most counts. well spotted.
    And its even clearly broken the neckline with a 3.5% fall today.
    So that implies it could fall to $5.00 ish
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Ouch, that is awful The warning signs were there for those into TA. Surprised nobody on here mentioned it before ?
    Always have thought of you as being a non TA man Rog. .. One can change :-)))

Which leaves me as always....... ???? :-))))))))))

CONFUSED..

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    True dat!
    Its a little lopsided - symmetry is good. But yeh a H&S by most counts. well spotted.
    And its even clearly broken the neckline with a 3.5% fall today.
    You cant draw any conclusion on share drop for an hours trading. It was starting to come off an open low of 4% drop. Lets see if NZX gives market the benefit of a full day trading today

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yes...good company but that's how I see the risk too.

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Always have thought of you as being a non TA man Rog. .. One can change :-)))

Which leaves me as always....... ???? :-))))))))))

CONFUSED..
    Yes a bean counter is always going to be a numbers man at heart so FA rules the roost as far as I'm concerned but I have learned that TA is a very valuable tool too.
    All the proof you need that old dogs can learn new tricks
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-08-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

For those of us learning the ropes, what's FA and TA

FA= Fundamental Analysis - The underlying things that make a company worth a certain value.
    TA= Technical Analysis - Using the chart to predict the future value of the company. TA assumes the market (and therefore the chart) knows everything about the fundamentals.

Seem like those who dislike the results cash up and gone, who still in journey with me

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Seem like those who dislike the results cash up and gone, who still in journey with me
    I'm still in. Still holding an overall 21% gain this year (and much more in my Portfolio One holding). Nearing my stop loss - but not close enough yet to get me worried.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm not good at selling. Still in, pleased with the dividend, especially on my average buy of 3.85.
    Interesting times ahead tho. Hope they have got it right and their top guys are devoting enough of their time to THL. Suspect their foray into the USA will be demanding.