sharetrader
Page 280 of 397 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes....great summary. I guess a positive for them is that there is a steadily increasing number of folk reaching retirement age who will rent one of their vans for a holiday or holidays once they sell the family home and move to the provinces. Or secure a loan from HBL.

The TH2 initiative concerns me quite a bit. Maybe because I don't fully understand it. IT projects can easily go wrong and consume a lot more money than budgeted. And will it deliver what they think it will ? I am really in the hands of the company management here as as noted above....I don't fully understand how it will be used to generate a big return. Buying a Camper Van, renting it, selling it...I can understand that. But this is another step. Lets suppose / hope that the idea is sound and great ...as someone noted...it turns them into a tech company. Do they have the expertise ?

Wee bit concerned, and yes, I do hold.
    Likewise I don't understand how TH2 works.The coy needs to explain how this operates.How does it generate its revenue?
    I would be pleased if anyone knows & can explain as I am not IT savy. What is in it for Thor?

Advanced Member

From the Mighway website.

The present:

"Discover the United States, from the beautiful forests and beaches in California, to the nightlife and delicious food in Florida, and everything in between. From the West Coast to the East, from North to the Deep South, the States are yours to see. Or explore clean, green New Zealand, with its beautiful scenery, kind locals, and amazing history. From North to South, New Zealand is an adventurers dream, waiting for you enjoy it.

With Mighway, you can enjoy the freedom to go where you want, when you want. We've got tons of great travel tips for you on our blog, amazing inspiration pics on our Instagram, and a great community to join on our Facebook.

Whether you want a 2-person campervan in New Zealand, or a 12-person RV for the States, we can help. Plan your trip with Mighway, and let the journey unfold!"

But now the future (same site):

"TH2 is a joint venture created by two travel giants: Thor Industries, the world’s largest RV manufacturer, and thl, the world’s largest RV rental and sales operator. Together, TH2 is bringing together with the world’s best travel and technology companies to reimagine the RV experience.

TH2's innovative approach to the RV experience will improve every aspect of ownership with capabilities that include trip planning and booking, remote monitoring, theft tracking, and peer-to-peer RV and campsite rental.

Mighway is proud to be part of the TH2 family."

The bolding is mine. If it works, it should be a game changer I would have thought. My reading is it is about owning the screen space, owning the app. Agree that launching successful computer work is an interesting challenge, but these guys seem pretty organised.

Why is owning the app important? Ask yourself how you react to this news then: "Most notably, 44% of younger users (those ages 18 to 29) say they have deleted the Facebook app from their phone in the past year." http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...with-facebook/ Apps matter.
    Last edited by simla; 07-09-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post

The bolding is mine. If it works, it should be a game changer I would have thought. My reading is it is about owning the screen space, owning the app. Agree that launching successful computer work is an interesting challenge, but these guys seem pretty organised.
    From their recent report

"We will invest further into TH2. The opportunity is substantial and, given the very low level of cash investment to date from thl, the approach now is to invest to create a deeper, richer product, build it faster and take a more expansive approach to how we engage customers (we will commence with a freemium consumer product offer, rather than seeking subscription fees upfront). This year we will invest around $15M NZD in this business (thl share)."

It sounds to me as though the plan has already changed. I hope they do not have a tiger by the tail with this one.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    ... "The opportunity is substantial" ...

It sounds to me as though the plan has already changed. I hope they do not have a tiger by the tail with this one.
    Agree about the tiger. On the other hand they obviously hope for big things. The presentation with the results said of TH2 "a global digital platform for the RV industry." p5 http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...893/285512.pdf

Did you guys read this back in February

http://www.thlonline.com/FinancialIn...esentation.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Yes. The difficulty is that they are understandably being coy about their hopes. The nearest they got to communicating the scale of their hopes (I thought) was p9.

"The [Global] RV Ecosystem is Fragmented
    WE WILL BE THE PLATFORM TO CONNECT IT!"

Presumably they teamed up with Thor to maximise the commitment from the industry in order to maximise the chance of industry buy-in later. Plus they probably want their app preinstalled on the vehicles as well as customer phones (I have not seen any mention of a phone app, I'm assuming it?)

Launching websites / apps leads to unknown outcomes usually. I certainly wish them luck as this seems a great idea.

A close below 560 would see the continuation of the down trend from 680. That was about when the long term uptrend ceased

A fall of 20% is quite significant

Must be some Fibonacci support levels coming up ...yes?

Promising start to week for thl

Hope 560 was the low and it’ll be back to 6 bucks plus soon

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Promising start to week for thl

Hope 560 was the low and it’ll be back to 6 bucks plus soon
    ???? up 0.5% on $3000 worth of trades. Love the optimism!

nice rebound today