sharetrader
Page 342 of 397 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Have lost count - is this the third downgrade?
    It’s getting a bit like the good old days when thl ‘disappointed’ the market time and time again most gave up on them.

Remember when those Aussies offered an outrageous price to take them over but share holders rejected it ....it was at about todays price I think.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I sold all of mine in April at a substantial profit since I bought in at 67c. The profit that I made cancelled the loss I made on CBL shares almost to the dollar. I always try take the view that it is best to judge your portfolio as a whole at not get over excited about the losses or gains on individual shares.
    Very wise approach.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s getting a bit like the good old days when thl ‘disappointed’ the market time and time again most gave up on them.

Remember when those Aussies offered an outrageous price to take them over but share holders rejected it ....it was at about todays price I think.
    Genuinely expected better from Rob Campbell but I guess it's a bit like Bill Falconer who was a bit of a hero when he first started taking over the Chairmanship of various companies - then it became a case of selling the hell out if you saw his name on a BOD.

I have to say I was grateful the Aussies (MFS?) were not successful in taking over THL at the time as it gave a second opportunity to ride the upside and recovery story.

Unfortunately, that story seems to be coming to an end (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Genuinely expected better from Rob Campbell but I guess it's a bit like Bill Falconer who was a bit of a hero when he first started taking over the Chairmanship of various companies - then it became a case of selling the hell out if you saw his name on a BOD.

I have to say I was grateful the Aussies (MFS?) were not successful in taking over THL at the time as it gave a second opportunity to ride the upside and recovery story.

Unfortunately, that story seems to be coming to an end (again).
    Pays to reminisce a bit eh mate

Amazes me that the market in the main still loves thl ....must see heaps of potential I don't
    Last edited by winner69; 21-10-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Veteran novice

Having been burnt by a company called Trans Tours back in the last century I've since avoided capital-hungry tourism ventures and their depreciating assets!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pays to reminisce a bit eh mate

Amazes me that the market in the main still loves thl ....must see heaps of potential I don't
    Does eh mate. Remember the days when THL was viewed as a purely cyclical tourism company on a PE of 10 ?
    Heck that would put it on just 17 cps at $25m x 10 = $1.70 Love story for THL over ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Even though a pretty big drop today share price yet to adjust/reflect for current earnings outlook and even worse still to be rerated down

Punters just love thl
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't see any reason in a low global growth environment the PE should be above the historical average, (ultra low interest rates notwithstanding)
    Average PE of 16 on 17 cps which is $25m earnings gives just $2.72 assuming the narrative stays the same and doesn't deteriorate further.
    Wonder how the TH2 thing they're throwing tens of millions at is going ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

THL operate in a very cyclical industry and US RV were peaked last year. So it will take a few years to recover. Just watch how many dividends they are going to pay. If they can maintain the current DPS, or even only pay 20C per share, it will support SP given the low interest rate.

Another thing to note is: normally NZ companies perform poorly once they expand to US. So need to pay attention on ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post

Another thing to note is: normally NZ companies perform poorly once they expand to US. So need to pay attention on ATM.
    Good point, though XRO and FPH seem to do ok-ish ; For some others (e.g. ERD) the jury is still out.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)