sharetrader
Page 347 of 397 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3966
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Sorry guys this is rubbish,
    Complacency is and will cost all.
    d
    Afraid not but I'm not going to argue with you, do your own research instead.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Afraid not but I'm not going to argue with you, do your own research instead.
    I am sorry to offend you Couta but I fail to understand how anybody can make a profit on a 1 share etc, trade. The accounting proceedures alone cost - if any are being done. Please explain how for me and no doubt a few others.
    d

Banned

I am sorry to offend you Couta but I fail to understand how anybody can make a profit on a 1 share etc, trade. The accounting proceedures alone cost - if any are being done. Please explain how for me and no doubt a few others.
    d
    Its not about making a profit on 1 share but rather clogging the market up with tiny bot orders on both the buy and sell side and controlling the price.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Its not about making a profit on 1 share but rather clogging the market up with tiny bot orders on both the buy and sell side and controlling the price.
    Probably, but as I said originally . By whom and for what purpose is this "control" exercised. Thats the underlying reason why you, I and others are paying too much.
    d

d
    Sharesies is an automated platform with a linear (small percentage of your purchase) fee structure and individuals can buy shares over their mobile while ordering a coffee - or doing whatever ... Saved a bit of money from lunch ... buy a RBC share (or half of it) instead.

No accountants hurt during this procedure ... and the computer platform either does not mind whether it is idling around or buying another share instead.

https://www.sharesies.nz/

Here is the relevant paragraph in the sharesies conditions:

Sharesies.JPG

Note - this is not a sales pitch for Sharesies. I don't use them, though they might be useful for some investors. Better do your own research ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 18-12-2019 at 12:42 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

It can also happen when I want to sell 10000 shares and manage to sell 9900 at the price so I will close out the sale for the remaining At a much lower price. I have done that on many occasions for both buy and sell. Investors just need to be vigilant and take notice of small crossings at high or low prices.

Maybe I am oversimplifying things - I do that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    It can also happen when I want to sell 10000 shares and manage to sell 9900 at the price so I will close out the sale for the remaining At a much lower price. I have done that on many occasions for both buy and sell. Investors just need to be vigilant and take notice of small crossings at high or low prices.

Maybe I am oversimplifying things - I do that a lot.
    Hi Brian,
    I agree with you this can happen and does to me as well , but frequently a buy order (or sell) of med quantity is "activated" by a 1 or more low volume offer becoming a spoiler by exposing the order to a minimum fee. Motive of spoiler?? . It appears that other than a $30 annual fee, the "Super Smart" small bit trader incurs % fees on most trades. Comments?
    Regards,
    dodgy

Hi Brian,
    I agree with you this can happen and does to me as well , but frequently a buy order (or sell) of med quantity is "activated" by a 1 or more low volume offer becoming a spoiler by exposing the order to a minimum fee. Motive of spoiler?? . It appears that other than a $30 annual fee, the "Super Smart" small bit trader incurs % fees on most trades. Comments?
    Regards,
    dodgy
    yes I see your point dodgy. I usually don’t have the problem because I respond to buy and sell quotes and don’t put sell or buy orders on the market waiting to be filled. I am usually not too fussy about the price because when I decide to buy and sell then I am doing so because I think the price of the share will be significantly higher or lower in the future so I am not inclined to nickel and dime the seller or buyer.

Of course if everybody behaved like me there would be no buy or sell orders and we wouldn’t have a market.

Reasonably positive action with Thl shares the last few days
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Two green days does not an uptrend make.
    om mani peme hum