sharetrader
Page 356 of 397 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For sure as you drive around in your campervan it might be nice to have an app for suggestions to optimise your experience, (people are so hooked into social media and review sites they have probably mapped out their journey and most activities prior to departure), but it does beg the question of how many tens of millions will they throw down this very deep rat hole on this unproven experiment ? I think analysts fell into the classic trap of Rob Campbell has so much credibility his plan must be a really good one, even if they didn't understand it themselves !
    You don’t get it beagle ...remember Robs sermon from 18 months ago about vitality being necessary to thrive in a changing market.p and quoting the novelist F Scott Fitzgerald as saying “vitality shows not only in the ability to persist but the ability to start over”. That captures what we are trying he said.

So it’s all OK at the moment.
    Last edited by winner69; 11-02-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

No, I don't "get it" so I must be a dumb dog. All I want is a modern, spacious, well equipped, reliable and clean campervan in the summer season at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s consensus now BP
    latest consensus is $3.77 and recommendation between "outperform" and "buy", so yes, consensus dropped a bit - maybe we should revisit these predictions in 12 months, shall we?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes lets do that. For my money $1.77 a year hence if the virus becomes a worldwide pandemic and $3.00 if it doesn't, mid point if this is a 50/50 binary outcome, call it $2.39 but I wouldn't pay a cent over $2 at present.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For sure as you drive around in your campervan it might be nice to have an app for suggestions to optimise your experience, (people are so hooked into social media and review sites they have probably mapped out their journey and most activities prior to departure), but it does beg the question of how many tens of millions will they throw down this very deep rat hole on this unproven experiment ?
    This is where economies of scale really help and I thought THL was getting that with its US arm.
    It shouldn't be that expensive to develop something useable and then slowly improve it.
    Geez, everyones got an app these days.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    This is where economies of scale really help and I thought THL was getting that with its US arm.
    It shouldn't be that expensive to develop something useable and then slowly improve it.
    Geez, everyones got an app these days.
    Exactly. For my liking, I'd just prefer a decent memory foam topper pad on the beds and they can keep their silly app. Difficult to get a decent sleep on hard, thinly padded beds.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-02-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Guru

Plenty of THL campers at the Coast to Coast at the weekend.

Friend from Auckland rented one - pile of poo to drive, gearbox rubbish, one headlight out, battery went flat, and the last people to rent it had given it a decent scrape.

Good the government ‘investing’ $11m in tourism to help it out

‘Invest’ a good term in this context eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good the government ‘investing’ $11m in tourism to help it out

‘Invest’ a good term in this context eh
    A drop in the ocean. When the coronavirus's impacts are many hundreds of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    A drop in the ocean. When the coronavirus's impacts are many hundreds of millions.
    True - but then I just heard that people required to self quarantine in New Zealand need to live in the streets, given that they can't find suitable accommodation.

THL could rent out their camper vans for this purpose, couldn't they?

The opportunities are endless ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)