sharetrader
Page 363 of 397 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Thats sickening reading. Property plant and equipment at $400m. Current Liabilities $71m offset by trade and rec of $31 and inventories? of $55m. NOt much wiggle room there. And non-current liabilities are $280m with non current assets made up largely by the big elephant of PPE.

I would steer well clear for the foreseeable future.
    Agree. As well not quite sure how quickly their plant and equipment depreciates if neither used nor needed. How much value does a $150k camper van lose per year for just standing outside in the rain and not earning money?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Agree. As well not quite sure how quickly their plant and equipment depreciates if neither used nor needed. How much value does a $150k camper van lose per year for just standing outside in the rain and not earning money?
    The bit that worries me is how much can you realise from a $150k camper when no one wants one. If you had to sell half your stock, I dare say you might get a lot less than book value in the current climate.

They can't sell them and this has been a big issue in normal times, now badly exacerbated by a global recession that's already underway.

There's NTA and then there's net realisable value and I am with you guys, they're very different numbers.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I well remember THL being in the .50-.60 range in the mid 1980's , lets hope that it does not drift back to that level !.

IMO the question is, what is their current short and long term debt, at what level will tourism return eventually and what amount of fixed overheads do they have. A reduction in interest rates can help but knowing banks as I do once the company is under financial stress they do not always pass on those lower rates.
    Well well well .60 atm, not good !!

Half priced campervan purchase this winter anyone ? I think they might be looking to shed some of their campervans...or maybe they'll be in hot demand from the Govt as quarantine facilities ? Who knows ?, flip a coin.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-03-2020 at 02:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Half priced campervan purchase this winter anyone ? I think they might be looking to shed some of their campervans...or maybe they'll be in hot demand from the Govt as quarantine facilities ? Who knows ?, flip a coin.
    On CNN a couple of days ago they showed some El Monte campervans that I think the San Francisco city council had hired to isolate the homeless who were sick....

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    On CNN a couple of days ago they showed some El Monte campervans that I think the San Francisco city council had hired to isolate the homeless who were sick....
    Yeah, there were a lot out at the Whangaparaoa Military base a few weeks ago which were used for quarantine purposes.
    Who knows, maybe that's the thing that saves this company from bankruptcy because without that they look shikkered to me.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Cheaper than chips now....perhaps they will get taken over ...before they go bust....

Seems like such a long time ago I bought into this at between $4.87 and $6.02 ... proving the old adage that past performance is no guarantee of future perfromance, I had looked at the chart and was pleased to see that it had been in a steady uptrend for four years ... sold at $4.35.

Really feeling for all holders.

I haven't read this yet but here is an interview with the CEO with their expectation of zero revenue: https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2020/03/2...s-zero-revenue. I'm sure it will be grim reading.