sharetrader
Page 370 of 397 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 3966
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by maccadac View Post
    Has been making a good come back, what are peoples thoughts at the current prices? Lots of domestic travel coming up after lock down?
    I don't see that anything has changed since Beagle's post of 4 April.

Do you think there'll be lots of people with the money for lots of domestic travel after the lock down - whenever that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by maccadac View Post
    Has been making a good come back, what are peoples thoughts at the current prices? Lots of domestic travel coming up after lock down?
    Domestic travel will happen, yet many people will stay local because they simply won't have the same money to travel etc.

It will be very rough for the tourism industry if you have little cash reserve and high expenses. Cut expenses. Cut the thrills and offer value for money. There will be hard competition. It Flying a helicopter and jetboat needs numbers to pay the way of the operators overheads.

Bike trails will be a hit. Yet, less travellers, less income, for THL, and massively the economy. It is going to be a very tough summer in 2020-2021 imo

Legend

I'm left wondering the way the SP is going whether those parked up mobile campers are an undiscovered goldmine

but then after seeing AIR's volatility - perhaps it's all in seeing the THL name on the board ..

Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar

I have sold out at a considerable loss at 1.15. And can rest a lot more easily now (even if it is selling at the bottom). Better to re-cycle cash into a more promising stock in the medium term and then, maybe, pick up THL once it looks like tourism is coming back (2 years?). THL have turned around the business before, so I trust they can do it again.

I think management has previously been concentrating their efforts on the managed exit of Togo to get immediate cash and now will turn their minds to a cap raising.
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pricey View Post
    I think management has previously been concentrating their efforts on the managed exit of Togo to get immediate cash and now will turn their minds to a cap raising.

it wouldn't surprise if there was a Cap Raise, but any Tourism Sector recovery may be a fair way down the track..

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    it wouldn't surprise if there was a Cap Raise, but any Tourism Sector recovery may be a fair way down the track..
    Pertinent to THL :

Lifeline for our tourism sector when (not if) Australasian bubble is created to facilitate travel between the two countries.

Will make a huge difference to both countries.

Let's hope the bubble is in time for the Queenstown ski-season.

Note that Australian tourists & travelers account for 50% of all international visitors to NZ.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...9c05a352c7bf95

https://www.tourismnewzealand.com/ma...ets/australia/

The $400M budget boost will help in conjunction with the extension of the wage subsidy.

I expect more tourism related announcements by the government next week with the 20B they have not announced. I also expect more of a plan related to the Trans Tasman bubble.

I expect the price to hit 1.74 by mid next week. Just my thoughts.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

If nothing else you got to give the guy some points for being positive!

Who wants a cheap campervan? Just not too cheap!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12331623

I think with all due respect he is far too optimistic. Business leaders should be realistic as otherwise they risk putting their business on a collision course with economic reality.
    It would also start doing maintenance work in Christchurch for some of the estimated 20,000 motorhomes on New Zealand roads.
    "And that's something that we've never been able to get into because we haven't had the resource and space," says Webster.[/
    Hands up given the current circumstances and time of year who wants a poorly maintained ex rental campervan at only a moderate discount to its normal price ? Thanks, but no thanks and good luck with that.

Survey's are one thing, whether people actually do it is another https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12332415
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-05-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think with all due respect he is far too optimistic. Business leaders should be realistic as otherwise they risk putting their business on a collision course with economic reality.
    Hands up given the current circumstances and time of year who wants a poorly maintained ex rental campervan at only a moderate discount to its normal price ? Thanks, but no thanks and good luck with that.

Survey's are one thing, whether people actually do it is another https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12332415
    I read that as meaning they haven't got into providing maintenance for privately owned Campervans as they only have had the capacity for maintaining their own fleet.
    All vans I have rented from them seemed to have been well maintained.. Surely it would be detrimental to their own business not too look after them?