sharetrader
Page 395 of 397 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397 LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 3966

I saw it ..sold out before Feb 2020 first lock down! Made a million!

That $77m forecast for F24 not that good really …they basically made $81m in F23 (Pro forma underlying NPAT excluding acquisition costs)

Nice they are more ambitious (and hopeful) about the future talking $100m by F26
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

He said to start....good indication to start..with uncertainty economic considerations..I do really think they are very conservative

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    He said to start....good indication to start..with uncertainty economic considerations..I do really think they are very conservative
    Sorry …I misunderstood you ….yess $77.1m is F23 result and a ‘good starting point’ for F24

They have decided not to provide half-year guidance “as it would not give clarity on the performance of the business across the full year”.

So all good …..on track to $100m
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well yes, upbeat tone.

I hate it though, if they pick NPAT targets out of the thin air ... and they did it again. Anybody still remembers what happend to the NPAT target they did set in 2017 for 2020?
    Yes I think many of us remember it well but given what happened with COVID, the Board and Management can not really be blamed for that. I'm glad this was my first share to sell as soon as we started getting news of COVID.

On a different note, I recently completed a drive through 9 states in the USA, mainly following the eastern part of Route 66, in an El Monte RV. Picked up in Chicago and given back in Dallas 2 weeks later. I can not fault the service or the vehicle but one thing that caught my eye was their advertising/marketing and their very confusing branding. We booked with El Monte, knowing it was a THL company. When we took a taxi to the pickup place in Chicago, at the address given, it took us awhile to find it. Turned out it wasn't an El Monte place but a rather run down "Art's RV, authorised Forest dealer". No mention of any affiliation to El Monte or THL, except in the office where some computers displayed THL logos and others El Monte.
    Received emails from a THL address. No uniforms worn by staff to display the company they worked for.
    As I said, absolutely nothing wrong with the RV or the service but I suspect many customers will get confused. Their branding in the USA certainly could do with some work on it. Great trip all up though.
    Last edited by iceman; 20-10-2023 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes I think many of us remember it well but given what happened with COVID, the Board and Management can not really be blamed for that. I'm glad this was my first share tos ell as soon as we started getting news of COVID.

On a different note, I recently completed a drive through 9 states in the USA, mainly following the eastern part of Route 66, in an El Monte RV. Picked up in Chicago and given back in Dallas 2 weeks later. I can not fault the service or the vehicle but one thing that caught my eye was their advertising/marketing and their very confusing branding. We booked with El Monte, knowing it was a THL company. When we took a taxi to the pickup place in Chicago, at the address given, it took us awhile to find it. Turned out it wasn't an El Monte place but a rather run down "Art's RV, authorised Forest dealer". No mention of any affiliation to El Monte or THL, except in the office where some computers displayed THL logos and others El Monte.
    Received emails from a THL address. No uniforms worn by staff to display the company they worked for.
    As I said, absolutely nothing wrong with the RV or the service but I suspect many customers will get confused. Their branding in the USA certainly could do with some work on it. Great trip all up though.
    Cheers - interesting story. Wasn't the takeover in 2017? You didn't say when your trip was, but I assume "recent" means within the last year or so - correct?)?

Sure - I don't know when (and if) they decided to rebrand, but given they had more than 5 years to think about it - ending up with a mix of branding is a bit of a concern.

I always had the impression they try to position themselves at the top end of the spectrum, and for that one definitely needs consistent and tidy branding.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Cheers - interesting story. Wasn't the takeover in 2017? You didn't say when your trip was, but I assume "recent" means within the last year or so - correct?)?

Sure - I don't know when (and if) they decided to rebrand, but given they had more than 5 years to think about it - ending up with a mix of branding is a bit of a concern.

I always had the impression they try to position themselves at the top end of the spectrum, and for that one definitely needs consistent and tidy branding.
    Just got back 2 weeks ago so traveled the USA for the 2nd half of September. Highly recommended

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...urism-holdings

Yesterday article.... Grant said this summer is looking very positive

Thanks for sharing!

Investor

Market pricing in summer/holiday season demand, could easily get close to $5 in the new year