sharetrader
Page 8 of 397 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Look at today's volume! and what would happen next ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    THL is a company I *want* to like. Tied as it is to overseas tourism, and knowing what a good place NZ is for tourists I have tended to think:
    "What is good for THL is good for NZ."
    Mind you the US version that that saying:
    "What is good for GM is good for the US."
    didn't stop General Motors going bust! I have read this thread from the beginning detailing the sorry tale of this perrennial underachiever. ...
    SNOOPY
    Originally i had the same supportive thoughts re THL Snoopy. Both my own a/c and several charitable trusts i used to direct have held a lot of shares from near the beginning (about the transition from The Helicopter Line towards Tourist Holdings Ltd). For a long time THL has been on my 'potential Sell' lists, as a "perennial underachiever" as you noted. If only they had stuck to their profitable knitting, when they found bouts of success; but the directors kept changing to try something else & most times lost lots of money (but never reduced their own fees of course). After reading some THL horror stories recently, & with no dividends to look forward to just now, i decided the only logical thing was to quit. Unloaded the last few thousand upon our more optimistic unsuspecting fellow investors last week, luckily still at a profit to our holding price of about 34c after so many years.
    However, i think they should have been dumped years ago - the missed opportunities cost of stubbornly holding on to a "perennially underachieving" company are hard to calculate, but certainly are great.

I agree sharer...I was into this crowd years ago....sold some at $5.70.....I began to sell when Sir Tim ..started to sell his 12 million....those were exciting days....yep those guys at the beginning seemed to know what worked....now...just camper wagons it seems....

VERY ODD QUITE AFTER A BIG VOLUME..
    MYSELF WORK AT SIMILAR BUSINESS WITH WAITOMO CAVE, IT IS REALLY GOOD TIME FOR THE WHOLE INDUSTRY NOW..
    HOW COME THL HAVE NO REACTION

Question

Source of todays price spike?

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Source of todays price spike?
    source?maybe those US fellas,maybe the tourism sector is too good to be ignored any more..

Default stochastic

stochastic looks risky

Smile

Looks like a good stock on the charts , the big move today is confirming the breakout in price above resistance at 72c.

I dont see any resistance till 1.32 if breakout holds.

Tourism stocks are all being re - rated now

All in all nothing out of the ordinary with price action its in a up - trend
    one step ahead of the herd

Auckland airport traffic figures out today make for positive reading on vistor arrivals.
    Should continue the positive trend over coming months.

THL should pick up some of the extra visitors.
    one step ahead of the herd

Odd thing about THL over the last decade has been the perverse relationship between tourist numbers and the THL shareprice .... a negative correlation .... quite often more tourists lrads to a worsening shareprice