sharetrader
Page 126 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1321

Still waiting for that cheque to clear Boysy . Broker was able to bank it in their Client Aussie dollar trust account but I still have to
    wait 10 days for it to clear. Just my luck SP will roar into life and go up a cent the day before I can buy on market. Just last year
    you could have had $15000 worth at 3.5 cents.

This is breaking my balls and making me spit blood.
    Last edited by Rabbi; 18-09-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Advanced Member

Well Rabbi the SP is moving the wrong way at present so perhaps the clearance time is a blessing in disguise ?
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    Still waiting for that cheque to clear Boysy . Broker was able to bank it in their Client Aussie dollar trust account but I still have to
    wait 10 days for it to clear. Just my luck SP will roar into life and go up a cent the day before I can buy on market. Just last year
    you could have had $15000 worth at 3.5 cents.

This is breaking my balls and making me spit blood.
    I deal with full service broker Craigs.I have a NZ cash management account, and an Australian cash management account.
    Any rights issue,SPP refunds or dividend cheques I give to them.They allow me to buy shares against the cheque straight away,or for clear funds I must wait 3 days.Incredible service.They take up rights issues and SPP for me.
    I have chosen, where possible, dividend reinvestment with Australian companies.
    I am currently have an issue with one company,They who no longer send cheques.It is possible for them to pay into a NZ bank a/c,but so far they have not managed it.Given them the S,W.F.T.number and the BSB number.
    Any rights issues I want to take up I phone the registry and get them to email entitlement form,which I then send onto Craigs,who take them up for me.
    Often the paper work arrives after the issue has closed.

I had the "BPAY foreign check refund issue" a few years ago with ASB so was weary of using them again for oversubscriptions.

I now also have an IG brokerage account (discount brokerage). IG managed the process perfectly:

- IG emailed early in the process to ask if i would like to participate.
    - I replied that i would with oversubscriptions (i was ambitious...)
    - They took the funds out of the account on the day of closing.
    - Refunded the monies that i wasn't successful for on oversubscribing the day post allotment. Happy days.

Recommend IG.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

You learn something new every day, and quite often the hard way, but its clear that under the current system
    a cheque that takes 9 days to come from Pearth, and 10 days to clear, is disadvantaging New Zealand investors
    who haven't got access to BPaY.

My broker did say, that I could trade the refund money before it had been cleared by the bank, but by that
    stage I was that peeved with having to drive into town, in the rush- hour, cap in hand and cheque in hand,
    wasting time and petrol money, that I told him "get stuffed , Ill wait." They quite happily make money on our money,
    and then make out they are doing us a favour, when they allow us to use their trust account money to take
    even more brokerage.
    Thanks for your input gentlemen, it's much appreciated.
    Last edited by Rabbi; 20-09-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Managed to top up last week at 6.8 cents and now waiting the results of two drills. GOM drilling seems to have
    reasonable success rate although there is going to be some dusters along the way for sure. By any metrics OEL
    is undervalued and even if these two drills are dusters, there is still plenty more action on the horizon.

Advanced Member

Three drills if you include completion of The F#2 B55 sands - POO popping at the right time should they hit oil in any of the drills. Good pick up at 6.8c still seems severely undervalued finding oil is likely cure for that ....

Advanced Member

likely timeline in next few weeks

- Outcome BT in next week
    -outcome of B65 sand at SM71 next two weeks
    - outcome BP next 2-3 weeks
    - lighting to begin some time in next 2-3 weeks

So in the next month we should have outcome of two new drills, outcome of the completion of the B55 sands and a new drill underway. Even better all available for the bargain price of 7.1c per share, will OEL continue to fly under the radar, it has to have one of the most compelling drilling programs for a junior oiler let alone the ~1800 BOPD being produced in the GOM ....

Might just take a find at BT or BP for the market to cotton on ....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

They rate Big Tex probability of success at 54% with anything from 0.5 million barrels to 16 million barrels with a mean of 6.8 million barrels.
    Bivouac Peak with a best estimate of 32 million MMboe equivalent although higher risk I understand.

However Alaska is the elephant in the room with the large Nanushuk prospect to be drilled early 2019 coming in at a whopping 400 MMbbl Ottos share at 75 MMbbl's.

Seven more prospects to be drilled with Hilcorp energy in the GOM after Big Tex all relatively low risk and fully funded from recent capital raising and current cash flow.
    Lots to like about OEL but dyor.

Advanced Member

Good press out today - strong SP reaction to the impending BT results me thinks ....