sharetrader
Page 80 of 133 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Very interesting read over 100 pages worth in the ann report. Detailed analysis of all the service contracts and turkey. They seem to have promising results from the early siesmic interpretation in sc 55.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010093...8kwdsv9cjt.pdf
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

has there been any indication given when BHP will make a decision on whether or not to drill in SC55? i bought in to this stock just before the rise that came with their deal to undertake the seismic (and BHP's right to drill if they so choose). the rise in the sp then gives some indication, in my view, of what to expect if BHP do go ahead with a drill. i'm thinking of sinking a few more dollars into OEL, but i'm not sure how much time i have to make that call. do we have even a ball park idea when a decision is due? thanks so much, guys.

-j

ps. i was very encouraged by the BHP presentation. the fact that they are prepared to 'own' SC55 bodes well, in my view.

-j

Advanced Member

end of the year early next year at latest. The ann report indicated the siesmic that otto shot ( over hawkeye before bhp paid for a larger siesmic) in sc 55 was showing promising results from the early siesmic interpretation in sc 55. The sp seems to be going nowhare fast but a farm in the sp would in my opinion more than double from its current level.

cheers, boysy, is that your estimate (based on the fact that you know this stock backwards) or has a timeframe been offered at some point?
    -j
    Last edited by jdg; 05-10-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Advanced Member

A time frame has bee offered page 7 of the ann report the 2nd and third points on the page - strong prospects and lead inventory by year end

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010093...8kwdsv9cjt.pdf

thanks so much, mate (although i think it's on page 5). i agree that if BHP give a drill the thumbs up then we'll spike. really appreciate your help. a decision on stage II Galoc will also give us a bump. i do like OEL and think i'll increase my holding.
    -j

Advanced Member

i think the thing is otto is going to look further undervalued if kik and ndo continue to increase we have to remember otto has no debt over $30 million cash but completely agree with you about galoc phase #2 though this is clearly taking alot longer than one would think it should take to get confirmation. The ann report said discussions are still underway about phase #2 one would have to start questions if we do not have an answer within the next few weeks. The flip side galoc still pumping ~8500 barrels a day ( 1500 barrels net).

the up time for Galoc is really encouraging and they seemed to have solved those problems.
    no real focus on SC51 in the annual report - a left field announcement there would put the cat among the pigeons. but there's no indication to suggest that's likely.
    also, i see that August 2011 is the 'subphase' that requires a drill in SC55 - so maybe early/mid next year before BHP make a decision?
    a few ifs and buts in this one, although with Galoc pumping away (and Turkey, perhaps) the downside looks limited, while news from a number of fronts could see big money.
    the question for me is, when to pull the trigger?

-j

Advanced Member

As always that is indeed the question you would have to think the downside is limited by cash on hand and current production the low of 7.5 was a great entry point in the last few months though i dont think we will be back there in a while unless galoc issues. The way i see it the current sp has factored in little if any premium from possible bhp farm in. We have to remember it hit 12 cents post bhp expressing interest late last year since then cash has increased from ~A$10 million to ~A$30 million. This is a definite play to watch with the upside far exceeding any downside in my opinion it clearly overlooked in a market like this but perhaps if bhp sign on the dotted line this could change very quickly indeed.