sharetrader
Page 95 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

in recent times i have suggested that i'm happy for the sp to remain flat (or drop) to buy more stock. due to recent activity (giving away argao and to a lesser degree selling turkey) and (more importantly) the fact i don't have the cash to buy more in the foreseeable future (i expected to have a bit of loose change around this time) i am no longer planning to buy more. i have a good sized holding and comfortable with where we are at. all of our eggs (in the short term, at least) are with BHP.

i think it will happen. and i agree with boysey that 20c is realistic on that news.

the real money is in Hawkeye coming up good. then we'll be laughing. but if it doesn't there is little left (apart from stage II galoc and SC69 - which is largely untested).

onshore SC51 is a wildcard. too much risk for me to consider seriously (but great news if it come in).

i have called OEL as my favourite pick for 2011. it remains that, but it has greater downside if things don't go well than it did a month or two ago.

-j

ps. i appologise for such a terrible use of (brackets).

pps. DYOR because i have had a couple of drinks tonight.and i'm pretty sure only evilroyrule is capable of understanding the potential.

pps. only strat could see the fact that the T/A is clearly a Sauvignon uptrend toot toot

Disc: i don't hold NDL

Quote Originally Posted by jdg View Post
    in recent times i have suggested that i'm happy for the sp to remain flat (or drop) to buy more stock. due to recent activity (giving away argao and to a lesser degree selling turkey) and (more importantly) the fact i don't have the cash to buy more in the foreseeable future (i expected to have a bit of loose change around this time) i am no longer planning to buy more. i have a good sized holding and comfortable with where we are at. all of our eggs (in the short term, at least) are with BHP.

i think it will happen. and i agree with boysey that 20c is realistic on that news.

the real money is in Hawkeye coming up good. then we'll be laughing. but if it doesn't there is little left (apart from stage II galoc and SC69 - which is largely untested).

onshore SC51 is a wildcard. too much risk for me to consider seriously (but great news if it come in).

i have called OEL as my favourite pick for 2011. it remains that, but it has greater downside if things don't go well than it did a month or two ago.

-j

ps. i appologise for such a terrible use of (brackets).

pps. DYOR because i have had a couple of drinks tonight.and i'm pretty sure only evilroyrule is capable of understanding the potential.

pps. only strat could see the fact that the T/A is clearly a Sauvignon uptrend toot toot

Disc: i don't hold NDL
    I wonder if OEL are looking at KIK due to the Tindalo fiasco, KIK are always raising more cash & an OEL farmin into some of permits might be beneficial to both parties.

I've mentioned it many times before but OEL, NDO & KIK are all in the Phillipines together, surely something must come of it eventually

hey Shasta, i know nothing of KIK (except to have a quick look at their terrible sp downtrend), but i can't imagine OEL are looking at acquisition given they are streamlining. Galoc stage II and SC 55 (and SC69 to a lesser degree) is where they are aiming, in my view.

-j

Quote Originally Posted by jdg View Post
    hey Shasta, i know nothing of KIK (except to have a quick look at their terrible sp downtrend), but i can't imagine OEL are looking at acquisition given they are streamlining. Galoc stage II and SC 55 (and SC69 to a lesser degree) is where they are aiming, in my view.

-j
    OEL may well go to the market to finance an acquistion, as they did with the GPC purchase to get into the Galoc JV.

Current cash holdings will support there exploration committments & admin costs

Makes sense to go for a play in there own backyard, last thing OEL wants to do is follow BPT with projects all over the planet, sucking up more cash

Advanced Member

not so sure about otto going to market to purchase someone else. KIK are in big trouble no need to come to their rescue there shasta they can pick up the service contracts for a song. I think JDG is on the mark about streamlining the big if as always is bhp and whether they farm in or not simple as that. SC 69 looks the goods with a bit of 3d over the prospects though all these things take time.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    not so sure about otto going to market to purchase someone else. KIK are in big trouble no need to come to their rescue there shasta they can pick up the service contracts for a song. I think JDG is on the mark about streamlining the big if as always is bhp and whether they farm in or not simple as that. SC 69 looks the goods with a bit of 3d over the prospects though all these things take time.
    I didnt mean buy someone else like KIK, but buy into some prospective permits, if KIK have cashflows problems, OEL could easily wait for them to relinquish them & pick them up on the cheap.

NDO would be sniffing around too, & i doubt any permits would be let go without attracting attention.

Just a thought,whilst we wait for BHP to put pen to paper, im fairly confident Paul Moore will do the job, thats whats he was brought in for

Advanced Member

Shasta just like you mention Oel have enough cash to sit aside and let others relinquish their service contracts. I certainly do think the present management are getting things done behind the scenes. As you mention otto do have the cash to get pursue a few different service contracts. will be interesting to see what happens when others in the region start getting tight on cash.

Shasta just like you mention Oel have enough cash to sit aside and let others relinquish their service contracts. I certainly do think the present management are getting things done behind the scenes. As you mention otto do have the cash to get pursue a few different service contracts. will be interesting to see what happens when others in the region start getting tight on cash.
    OEL -Dec Quarterly Report

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=526447

Quarterly tells me EXACTLY what i wanted to read, OEL's focus for 2011, no surprises its SC55 & SC69

exert...

Otto has focused its exploration portfolio by high grading its acreage and is
    focusing on the Galoc, Service Contract 55 and 69 permits in the Philippines.
    Activity in 2011 will be centred on maturing both exploration permits to being
    ready to be drilled.

Advanced Member

bit surprised about the foray into east Africa as noted by the company this could be quite interesting to see if this comes to anything. It seems the sc 55 seismic is still looking the goods. bit surprised to see cash balance drop but this didnt included turkey sale or sc 51 farm out or receipt of crude sold last quarter.

bit surprised about the foray into east Africa as noted by the company this could be quite interesting to see if this comes to anything. It seems the sc 55 seismic is still looking the goods. bit surprised to see cash balance drop but this didnt included turkey sale or sc 51 farm out or receipt of crude sold last quarter.
    Couple of late anns out today

Increase in equity on SC 55 (+ 8.18% to 93.18%) & SC 69 (+ 9% to 79%)

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=527672

SC51 farm down - cash received

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=527671