sharetrader
Page 4 of 172 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    percy

Phardrus.thank you for the chart.I did not realise the SP had moved so close to the 200 day MA awhile ago.Over the years I have noticed there are periods of SP weakness for no apparant reason.I guess is it can be very thinly traded at times.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by lewinsky View Post
    MacD,

Here is a mad thought, following your post on SIP on the ASX thread.

IS there a possible match???????
    Intriguing thought, LEW, but I don't think so.

Two reasons spring to mind.

First, the sheer size difference with EBO's M/Cap at around NZD340m versus SIP at AUD530m.

Secondly, I doubt whether SIP's remaining business would generate sufficiently high profit margins to attract EBO.

It would be a huge leap for EBO, not clearly enough within their area of expertise I wouldn't think. Unlikely that they would change their strategy so abruptly after decades of gradual accretive growth.

Veteran novice

A nice, quiet achiever, this one.

EBO up to $6.90 today.

I hold.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    A nice, quiet achiever, this one.

EBO up to $6.90 today.

I hold.
    Have been in and out several times, over the years, and I keep coming back to it. Steady, unspectacular - a quiet achiever as you so aptly put it.

percy

The AGM this afternoon was a very positive meeting.The special divie was a nice surprise.Mark Waller spoke of how small they are in Aussie and the growth prospects there.I think the chairman said watch this space.I will.They are very proud of their record .$1000 invested in 2000 now woth $5000.Have been doing some very good business in Fiji.Will be opening an office in Perth early next year.The Directors were looking to speak to shareholders which I take as a good sign.

Veteran novice

Good to hear from the company that they have managed to keep operating through the Christchurch disaster, distributing essential hospital supplies etc.

EBO has been one of my bigger NZ holdings - and better performers - for longer than I care to remember. Better known as Early Bros in the "early" years, I was aware that their head office was originally in Cashel Street, one of the hardest hit parts of the city. Reassuring to be reminded that operations are now centred out of the CBD.

percy

Their head office is a new building next door and overlooks Addington Raceway.I am not sure where the distribution centre in CH CH is.After the last quake they switched to their back up systems which I think are in Auckland.EBO largest footprint is in Auckland.Mark Waller spoke at length at the AGM about the importance of EBO to NZ's medical supply systems,and that they had backups for everything.

Veteran novice

........And EBO have now announced increased turnover and NPAT for the half year.

All staff in ChCh are safe and the company can ensure continuity of supplies to the region.

IMO

was lucky to get some of the recent placement @$7.05 some big shareholders and a director selling down( a million or two). Hope this is not an ominous sign for the performance ahead.

percy

Well todays result was another cracker.EPS up from 39.5cents to 45.4. And wait there's more;a nice 18cents per share divie..