sharetrader
Page 1 of 172 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Ebos Limited EBO

Could someone display a TA chart for Ebos for me thanks?

bigcharts.com doesnt give me new zealand company charts.

Phaedrus a favour thanks?

Love your charts with the buy and sell signals eh
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Cheers

anyone hold EBOS?
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Default Charting on BigCharts

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Could someone display a TA chart for Ebos for me thanks?

bigcharts.com doesnt give me new zealand company charts.

Phaedrus a favour thanks?

Love your charts with the buy and sell signals eh
    Dazza
    Try putting NZ:EBO instead of an AU stock code that displays what you want, then hit Draw chart logo next to it. Up comes a symbol lookup with NZ:EBO, then choose the go to Advanced chart button on the right and hopefully everything works with the existing setup you had for the AU chart. Good luck. It is one day behind as well. Worth persevering with but has driven me crazy at times. It may be that this doesn't work for you but I can get most of the common NZ companies. Good luck.

Advanced Member

Default EBO Chart

Here you go Dazza. Charts really don't come any simpler than this. We have a nice clear uptrend, with a confirmed trendline and trendline-break "Sell" signal. Then we have a nice clear downtrend with a confirmed trendline and trendline-break "Buy" signal. Now we have a new trendline in place, based on the lows of the current uptrend.

The OBV is interesting. Note how it continued to climb while EBO was in a downtrend for most of this year. EBO was being accumulated over this period. Note the activity of the "smart money" (green circles). Big players (who presumably know more than you and I) were buying-up large as the price fell. I don't think much of their timing, but their intent is of interest.

Some people will have ridden out this correction. No-one knew how far the downtrend would run, so to me it seems foolish to "tough it out". Why run the risk of it continuing on? In any case, there was money to be made by selling then buying back in again after the correction.

Note that EBO was one of the 16 stocks identified in the "Market Perspective" thread as a potential buying opportunity. This was based on the idea that you want a fundamentally sound stock that is in a "long-term" uptrend. You want it to have been in a "medium-term" downtrend of reasonable magnitude and you want that downtrend to have clearly ended. EBO meets all these conditions quite nicely, in my opinion.

The chart includes today's latest price of $5.05. The Close may be different.

After two years of absence from the NZX, i have purchased my first shares since the NOG days of 2005.

Ebos - is the company that i have purchased today. I have been reading over their aquasition of PRNZ , i think this is a superb move by EBOS. The duolopy that pretty much existed has turned into a monolopy pharmacy wholesaler.

This is a LT share for me, in which i will happily buy on the dips when i start working in November.

Going to Dazzas retirement coffers this one it shall.
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Dazza
    A good choice, but than I have to say that as a LT holder.
    You being in/close to the industry will probably have a better insight
    than the general investor.
    Of course coporate play is always on the cards with the Stewart family's presence - not necessary good.

cheers

who are the stewarts family?

PRNZ has had about 3 different owners in the past 5 years or so. I am not surprised that the pharmacy brands division was not included into the sale, as PRNZ had outbid Life pharmacy a few months ago for that.

So glad Life pharmacy didnt buy the pharmacy brands though.

Pharmacy brands is the banner group to all the unichem/dispensary first/amcal pharmacies in new zealand.

I can see the business operations of PRNZ is good.

My only question mark is Ebos's management, however in saying that i do notice that Peter from PRNZ is now a director in Ebos which shores things up.

foodee, my questions i guess to you are: who are the stewart family? and whats your opinion of Ebos's management?
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post

foodee, my questions i guess to you are: who are the stewart family? and whats your opinion of Ebos's management?

Dazza
    The Stewart family through Python Portfolio Ltd is shown as the largest holder at just under 10%. They are going to be prominent players in the health sector - at present playing for ABA.

Management, I guess is doing the job without any 'major'. There is always room for improvement.

cheers

if take over etc

i would think one of the big 3 wholesalres in aus

but stewart family interesting, will google them
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Veteran novice

The Stewarts are the family of the late Sir Robertson Stewart who founded the Christchurch electrical components manufacturer PDL Industries. Sold to the French a few years ago. Their company Masthead is currently attempting to take over Abano .

Disc. Hold EBO.