sharetrader
Page 139 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1711

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes, my biggest mistake with EBOS was selling a few and thinking I was being clever,
    Nope !
    Sadly, I'm guilty of the same thing. Would be great if it could close above $30 one day though.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes, my biggest mistake with EBOS was selling a few and thinking I was being clever,
    Nope !
    Was a very clever sell for me.
    Shares I brought with the funds have out performed EBO.

I've been happy to hold EBO as the total return pa is good. You've done well Percy to sell and get a better return than EBOS was providing.
    Out of curiosity I've just run a report of NZ stocks I hold or have held during the last ten years and only 7 have out performed EBO and one was almost as good.
    I realise various timing and pricing variables are involved but it can't have been easy find something you could be sure was going to do better than EBO.
    My strategy is to hold stocks that are more than earning their keep thus EBO has never been sold down. In recent times I have used the EBO dividends to invest elsewhere though.

[For the time periods involved my CDI, RBD, SPN, HLG MEL, MFT & THL (sold) are the only ones that did better than EBO. CMO was almost as good]

percy

My big out performers are both on NZ Unlisted.
    Silver Fern Farms since I started buying April last year, and including the divie due on the 28th has returned me over 95%.Two divies one 5.4 cps the one due 5.5cps and av cost around 62 cps.Current share price $1.00.
    PAZ.Pharmazen.Well one year return is about 300%[going from 25 cents to 75 cents,,while two year return is about 500% going from 14 cents to 75 cents.I originally started buying at 2.5cps and my average cost would be between 7 and 8cps.
    I am fortunate that they were my two largest investments.
    Last edited by percy; 12-04-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Silver Fern Farms since I started buying April last year, and including the divie due on the 28th has returned me over 95%.Two divies one 5.4 cps the one due 5.5cps and av cost around 62 cps.Current share price $1.00.
    PAZ.Pharmazen.Well one year return is about 300%[going from 25 cents to 75 cents,,while two year return is about 500% going from 14 cents to 75 cents.I originally started buying at 2.5cps and my average cost would be between 7 and 8cps.
    Well done Percy, one could say you are very well positioned

Took a while to get through 30 bucks

We’re on our way to 40 bucks

Cool
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Took a while to get through 30 bucks

We’re on our way to 40 bucks

Cool
    There's no particular hurry though.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Good on you, some of my best investments have also been very small companies. It's easiest to be the smartest person in the room when the room is empty

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    ... It's easiest to be the smartest person in the room when the room is empty
    No, it would be impossible to be the smartest person in the room if the room was empty.

EBOS, the quiet little achiever finishing the day above $31. Good on them and looking forward to their next update