sharetrader
Page 134 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1711
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

My dreams of becoming extremely rich by owning EBOS shares on the ASX and getting a larger dividend have been shattered ( and I have had to revert to dream B and buy Powerball tickets ).

It seems that I get exactly the same dividend amount as I would have on NZX based shares allowing for the exchange rate.

Turnover/liquidity for EBOS on the ASX continues to improve but the buy/sell spread is still a problem at times.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yeh I've covered a quarter but am nervous about this lol. ATH often means more ATH's
    back to full strength = it is nice to make half a dollar on the way down too.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Veteran novice

A nice bounce to $27.76. An all time high?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    A nice bounce to $27.76. An all time high?
    Yep smashed the all time high today, about time, never seems to move much but has been a great wealth generator for long term holders

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Yep smashed the all time high today, about time, never seems to move much but has been a great wealth generator for long term holders
    Indeed, just this one stock has produced income and capital gains that I never even dreamed of when I bought a decent sized holding (for me). Average buy in price is $6.10 - unrealised capital gains are in seven figures and net annual dividends are more than my annual salary used to be during salaried employment days. "Just one successful stock can make you wealthy" or so the story goes but it is true. I've been lucky enough to buy and hold a number of "winner" stocks over the years with several others doing better than EBO in percentage terms but because of the relative size of positions taken EBO is my best gainer in dollar terms for unrealised gains. Hope this snippet gives some encouragement to newer investors.

I've been waiting for wave 5 in this phase and have now managed to reduce my holding to a modest 10% of the portfolio.
    If it goes to $30 I will sell out completely.
    EBO_5waves.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Has been quite a marked increase in the last couple of weeks on no news (that I'm aware of) - any thoughts?

EBO was 28.30 last time I looked and has climbed from 24.90 at the end of November. I'm happy to hold and spend the dividends that I take in cash now rather than receive the DRIP. (Div yield based on average buy in price is very acceptable) As for wave 5 and many TA indicators I take little notice of them. IMO paying too much attention to TA or rebalancing to equal weightings in the portfolio would have seen me with a much less valuable EBO position than I have today. (BTW I have a widely diversified portfolio(s) so letting EBO go overweight was really a no brainer & I do pay some attention to bits of TA particularly when buying)

Punters just love Brokers Picks

EBOS in 3 of the brokers top 5 .....so be quick and join the throngs jumping on.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

you old rampa rapper you ! deserts are calling.. they are the future..