sharetrader
Page 93 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Just another good reason to continue to hold EBO.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...932105&ref=rss

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Just another good reason to continue to hold EBO.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...932105&ref=rss

Off subject yet again.
    If you google Mark Stewart,Masthead, you will note his interest/control of ZiwiPeak.They manufacture up market dog biscuits.
    The very best ingredients.Mainly export to a growing number of countries.
    Well Ziwi's Tauranga factory can't keep up with demand.
    Not sure whether Mark sold his $28mil Auckland house to help Ziwi's expansion or not,but Ziwi should have their new Rolleston factory, producing product with in the next few weeks.
    Remember Mark Stewart sold out of EBO, where he was a director, to fund his [Masthead's] investment in Ziwi.
    Maybe a good fit if EBO's animal business?.
    Last edited by percy; 02-01-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Looks like this one has come back to life again, its one of those that sticks with my portfolio and when I think of selling it goes up or I just look at the business again and realise I'm better off holding.

At a PE of 21, there is probably better value out there but its hard to bet against it long term.

yeh I accumulated at todays lows as the other stocks rose and it didnt , except right at the end it did '+)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

The recent price action would indicate results wont be so great tomorrow morning

The guidance was given in late October "On the basis of our current trading performance, we expect constant currency, underlying EBITDAfor the 2018 financial year to grow by approximately 10% on the prior year."

The next couple of weeks is the time of the formal handover to the CFO who become CEO, at least there is plenty of familiarity in the new hands.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Handsome Member

Can never bring myself to sell these again, I know its sitting on a high PE atm but I have made that mistake once before. I am just watching to see if they achieve the numbers they say, even if the PE is double that, I still rather just keep them in the cupboard and review it in 5 years time.

percy

A sound result with a positive outlook.

Handsome Member

I am happy with today's results.

Advanced Member

“Revenue decrease is driven by lower hepatitis C medicine sales (which were $250m lower than H1 FY17, constant FX).
    – Revenue excluding hepatitis C medicine sales grew by $76m or 2.7% (constant FX).”

I would like to see some more information about why they had lower Hep C sales. Disappointing to see that this has had such a big effect on their revenue. Also would like to know how susceptible they are to single product issues such as this. Maybe I have missed something ? Other than that, nice to see a good dividend increase. Holding what I have left.
    RTM

Handsome Member

I read somewhere a while back that Australia are on track to completely eliminate Hep C in a decade, will try and dig up that article. Hep C might be just declining - yes it would be good to get some info on the single product issues that they may face in future.