sharetrader
Page 130 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1711
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Never miss an opportunity eh Percy!
    I call it community service...lol.

Veteran novice

Yes, appreciate not all Blackhawk products, but Animal Care was 13%. (2020 AR, Page 7).

13% of $8.8b is north of $1.1b. This turnover is much bigger in itself than many listed companies.

Personally, I would have expected better regarding Blackhawk.
    No, p 26 shows Animal Care $425m revenue, total revenue $8765m = 5.1%

I think the 13% (p 7) is Animal Care share of earnings, admittedly a more important figure.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    No, p 26 shows Animal Care $425m revenue, total revenue $8765m = 5.1%

I think the 13% (p 7) is Animal Care share of earnings, admittedly a more important figure.

Thanks McD!

Ziwi is a different market/product and price point. Most of their sales are export, and perhaps only 10-20% max sales in NZ & Australia at a guess. They're about to build a new factory down in Napier and going pretty good from all reports.

Blackhawk products are popular and well priced, but they are really stretching it by advertising real meat. They use meal which is rendered down waste, like heads, hooves, bones, innards etc......and show photos of chicken breast and lamb racks on their packaging.....very, very poor in my book.

**gets off soapbox**
    I see little wrong with innards etc being served up to pets. As a youngster our cats much preferred cooked cow lungs (known as lites) than tinned cat food. And when there are so many hungry in the world (and, apparently, in NZ) we shouldn't really be feeding food fit for humans to our pets.

There's not much nutrition in hooves, but other offal products can be beneficial. What concerns me is the percentage of fillers in many brand name pet foods, that people blindly buy because it is a) cheap and b) advertising (inclusive of social media) has convinced them they must.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    What concerns me is the percentage of fillers in many brand name pet foods, that people blindly buy because it is a) cheap and b) advertising (inclusive of social media) has convinced them they must.
    Blackhawk excludes all fillers pretty clearly - and I assume they're not just liars so yeh just sayin ....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkPetCare.com

Every ingredient that makes it into our recipes has a nutritional purpose, so you’ll never find wheat,
    corn, soy, gluten, artificial preservatives, colours, flavours or any unnecessary fillers in Black Hawk.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Not all CP and CF percent are animal based
    That is where the beef is

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    I see little wrong with innards etc being served up to pets. As a youngster our cats much preferred cooked cow lungs (known as lites) than tinned cat food. And when there are so many hungry in the world (and, apparently, in NZ) we shouldn't really be feeding food fit for humans to our pets.
    Our Alsatian used to love eating sheep heads. However it is humans that go shopping so you cannot blame the companies for putting a picture of a tasty looking steak on the tin. If they put a sheeps brain on it, then nobody would buy it.

It is good all of the slaughtered animal is used up. Would be a waste otherwise, and the pets seem to enjoy it so whats the worry?

From an EBOS perspective, I do not see this company posing much of a threat to the bottom line, pretty niche, at 78 dollars for 24 small cans of catfood it is more than twice as expensive as the stuff you buy in the supermarket.
    Last edited by ratkin; 07-10-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Veteran novice

From an EBOS perspective, I do not see this company posing much of a threat to the bottom line, pretty niche, at 78 dollars for 24 small cans of catfood it is more than twice as expensive as the stuff you buy in the supermarket.
    I agree, ratkin. Followers of EBO should remind themselves to "watch the doughnut, not the hole!"

Guru

Does EBOS distribute nasal vaccine products yet? Well there is a nasal vaccine coming from altimmune or someone that blocks the virus in the nasal cavity. There will be a rush to get and distribute this to market later next year. Where would a product like this be distributed and which companies in the chain would profit from it.