sharetrader
Page 14 of 172 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Percy. ....did they mention they would love to get the distribution of the new BLIS doggy lozenges ....a marriage made in heaven

If no mention Simla et al will be gutted
    Simla et al will be gutted as no mention of BLIS. I will be nice and leave my comments at that.!!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Great success story. Thank you for the update Percy!
    Sparky, it is funny listening to CEOs/chairmans of EBO,MFT,RYM,POT,speak.Nothing smart,nothing clever,just interested in running their companies better than any other company in their sectors.They all know their businesses inside out,how to set realistic goals,and how to encourage staff to achieve those goals.They all speak in easy to understand language and I suppose they believe if you give the customer what they want you will get what you want. They all have stable boards and long serving CEOs.How Mark Waller has grown with the company.Grown EBO from a market cap of approx $2.5 mil in 1990 to market cap of $430 mil today,with a target market cap of $1billion in 5 years.I don't care if they make it or not,but know they will give it their best.CFO Dennis Doherty has been there with Waller since 1990 or earlier.
    Last edited by percy; 25-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Percy, I wish you were doing research for the big brokers in NZ. Their recommendations would be far more compelling if they wrote like you did above.
    Thanks Sparky.I think the brokers put more or most importance on numbers,where as I put a lot of faith in people.We all know "gunnars",gunna do this gunna do that and never do anything.If one of these CEOs said he was going to walk to Invercargil, you know he would.They are not blow hards,but know their industry well, and how their companies can make the best of the opportunities their industry offers.
    I compare these CEOs with Ron Boskill at Postie Plus,who was gunna do it all.SP when Ron started on his gunna course was over $1.Today looking strong at 25cents.

percy

Question;Is winner69 The Chairman of EBOS or did he write The Chairman's address to the AGM?
    Quote from the address.""Onwards and upwards" which is another way of describing the ongoing progress and TRAJECTORY of your company EBOS Group".
    Last edited by percy; 26-10-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Jeez Percy you must have thought you went to the wrong meeting when Rick started off "plus la change, plus c'est la meme chose"

But then reality when Rick said "we are EBOS" ....rousing stuff eh. ....almost bliss

percy

Jeez Percy you must have thought you went to the wrong meeting when Rick started off "plus la change, plus c'est la meme chose"

But then reality when Rick said "we are EBOS" ....rousing stuff eh. ....almost bliss
    Certainly was.

Veteran novice

Pharmac to expand their activities to include centralised buying of medical devices for DHBs.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...edical-devices

Might bring some buying opportunities in EBO.

Hardly anything on this thread for months .....Percy being lazy or something

Further acquisitions on the menu ......NBR touting an outfit called SVS ...sell stuff to vets

percy

Hardly anything on this thread for months .....Percy being lazy or something

Further acquisitions on the menu ......NBR touting an outfit called SVS ...sell stuff to vets
    Sorry winner69 for not posting here for awhile.
    macduffy's article gave me reason for concern.So I sold a third of my holding today at $8.58.
    Whenever I have sold down in the past the shareprice goes up.
    Maybe I made too much profit last year? Bit too easy.I am not a clever person.
    Would think NBR have it right.EBO like the pet business and any [good] company selling to vets would fit in with where they want to be.
    They also need a good acquisition in Australia.
    ps.Took up my Tru-Test rights.! ? [well they are supplying the growing dairy industry.]

Veteran novice

Hi percy

Seems you and I are the only ones at all concerned that Pharmac may put a small spoke in EBO's wheel. On the other hand, perhaps the Tower man has it right and the NZ market is getting a bit over exuberant!

EBO is one of my longest held stocks - with an average cost of under $2.50 - and I'd be more inclined to add than to sell. But not at current prices.