sharetrader
Page 21 of 172 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

And it continues

Veteran novice

We can apply for extra - p22 of the Explanatory Memo refers - but I wouldn't expect many to come out of that, considering the attractiveness of the issue and the fact that rights will be tradeable.

Otherwise, still ploughing thru the "book".

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    We can apply for extra - p22 of the Explanatory Memo refers - but I wouldn't expect many to come out of that, considering the attractiveness of the issue and the fact that rights will be tradeable.

Otherwise, still ploughing thru the "book".
    Thanks that's interesting.May be worth a go.!!!

Veteran novice

Have a look also at p79, EBOS risk profile after the acquisition.

In passing, FN Area had this today re Sigma, one of the major competitors referred to in Northington Partners' report:

SIP - SIGMA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
    Citi rates SIP as Downgrade to Sell from Neutral (5) - Sigma shares have enjoyed a strong rally but Citi analysts believe it's all a bit too much, too soon. Instead, they counter the company is still facing ongoing risks associated with a weak retail environment, competitive industry dynamics and ongoing regulatory scrutiny of PBS funding.
    Also, Listed NZ company, EBOS, has acquired 60% of Symbion, but Citi doesn't see a material impact on Sigma for the foreseeable future.
    Downgrade to Sell. Rolling forward the valuation methodology has pushed up the price target by 1c to $0.70.
    Target price is $0.70 Current Price is $0.82 Difference: minus $0.115 (current price is over target). If SIP meets the Citi target it will return approximately minus 14% (excluding dividends, fees and charges - negative figures indicate an expected loss).
    The company's fiscal year ends in January. Citi forecasts a full year FY14 dividend of 4.20 cents and EPS of 5.00 cents . At the last closing share price the estimated dividend yield is 5.15%.
    At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 16.30."

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Craigs have offered me some so trying for 6000.
    Waited with anticipation for some days to be told only investors holding EBOS at the time would get any, so empty handed on this one. how did you go Sparky?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Waited with anticipation for some days to be told only investors holding EBOS at the time would get any, so empty handed on this one. how did you go Sparky?
    What??? You mean you don't already own EBO.? Naughty boy.!!!
    Seams a bit funny offering you them,then saying you had to be an existing holder.
    If it was me I would ring Neil Craig and complain.[loudly] .!!![
    Last edited by percy; 03-06-2013 at 10:40 AM.

IMO

I agree ,bloody ridiculous. Would have had time to buy a few too. Sounded too good to be true and i confess i had succumbed to utilising the paper gains already. Sparky?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up The Rights there are a trading

So with the rights now trading the EBOS share price has settled around $9.42, a little ahead of the $8.57 calculated from the pre-announcement share price.

Wondering whether to sell my rights, expecting to buy shares on market at a later date for a lesser price.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So with the rights now trading the EBOS share price has settled around $9.42, a little ahead of the $8.57 calculated from the pre-announcement share price.

Wondering whether to sell my rights, expecting to buy shares on market at a later date for a lesser price.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Take up your rights and apply for extra.

Fluid Member

Apologies in advance for a real newbie question!
    Say I was of a mind to acquire a holding of X shares in EBO over the next few weeks, and presuming that EBO will pretty much follow EBORC + $6.50, what is the advantage - if any - of buying X no of rights then paying the $6.50 rather than buying X EBO shares directly on the market? Is it just a saving in brokerage or what am I missing?
    Thanks
    BB