sharetrader
Page 3 of 172 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    EBO NPAT up 18.4% to another record!

And SP jumped to a two year high of $5-74.

Anyone else holding these?

Yes. I've been accumulating EBO for a while.
    Running a quick report I see average entry price at $4.98 and IRR at 34%
    Am happy with this tho am doing even better with some other stocks.

Veteran novice

EBO's strong run continues, up to another 12 month high of $5.95.

Elections as to bonus shares/cash dividend close on 17 September. The "Buyback Offer price" has been set at $4.691798. Looks like a no-brainer decision to take the shares on this occasion!

Advanced Member

After having held varying amounts of EBO over a number of years, and reaped some good returns, I decided earlier this week that the time had come to end my love affair with this stock and say my final good-bys. The affair has been going nowhere, for some time now. Used the proceeds to take up a new investment in NZX and, although this investment did not precede the announcement of the share split and new dividend policy, nevertheless I have "come out better off" as EBO has continued to slip and NZX to strengthen.

As we all say, "I should have done it ages ago!"

Advanced Member

Cross reference comments under "Paragon Care Ltd (PGC)" on the ASX. I am back into EBO - seduced again.
    Last edited by COLIN; 27-02-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Veteran novice

Thanks, percy, for your comment on EBO on another thread!

I'm fairly bullish on EBO too. They have a track record of success over a long period now with a history of successful incremental growth, partly by taking over smaller competitors. Good also to see them selling off the "scientific" business which wasn't core business for EBO and seems to always struggle for profitability.

One of my better longer term holds!

Hi MacD

I am surprised no one has commented on yet another great result from EBO.
    Also one of my long term holds.
    Repaying debt
    Increased Dividend
    Very positive result all round.
    Well managed and year on year deliver value to shareholders.
    LEW

percy

Yes I thought it was a great result.Having trouble with wife as she wants to get her hands on the increased divie.!!!!! I do not want to sell any although it is our largest share holding.Earnings will be down a little this year as a result of scientific business sale.Just loved"it was ready for significant growth"'quote.The foundations are in place in Aussie so I look forward to that market growing from 10% of turnover to being larger turnover than NZ.They never rush things but they always do it with the long term in mind.Can not see Mark Stewart being happy with 10% so would expect him to increase his holding.Peter Merton has helped EBO since joining the board.He is very clever with cash management.One of the woman directors really impressed me last year when she spoke at the AGM.She was responsible for brands at DB and it was her who developed the TUI brand and Henikin brand.Mark Stewart is also very astute and made sure Stewart family made a huge amount of money out of PDL sale,when former MD Don Sollitt and management would have given it away.MD Mark Waller knows exactly where{ and how }he is taking the company to.He makes sure he has the right people in place to achieve EBO goals.He replaced his long serving Aussie manager who was not up to the job.I look forward to this years' AGM,and note has been the same people at the meetings for a number of years,which I take to mean a lot of long term loyal shareholders.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by lewinsky View Post
    Hi MacD

I am surprised no one has commented on yet another great result from EBO.
    Also one of my long term holds.
    Repaying debt
    Increased Dividend
    Very positive result all round.
    Well managed and year on year deliver value to shareholders.
    LEW
    That pretty much sums it up, LEW.

Their expansion into Australia has been well managed to date and as long as this continues to be tightly controlled we can look forward to further good results.

MacD,

Here is a mad thought, following your post on SIP on the ASX thread.

IS there a possible match???????

Advanced Member

Default Chart Update

This chart features Bullish and Bearish divergences. These occur when prices and oscillators move in different directions instead of in tandem as they usually do. See how every divergence presaged a significant "medium-term" reversal. (Though not every significant reversal is accompanied by a divergence.) Divergences provide excellent entry/exit signals for short-term traders and also mark good points for longer term investors to add to (or reduce) their holding should they wish to.
    The 14 day RSI as used to provide short-term signals can also provide excellent medium/long term signals simply by increasing the period, in this case to 100 days.
    A 200 day Moving Average is commonly used by long-term investors to keep them on the right side of major trends. Conservative indicators such as this and the 3 oscillators at the top of the chart are slow to get you into stocks and slow to get you out of them, but they are a lot less likely to flick you out of an ongoing uptrend on any transient weakness.