sharetrader
Page 5 of 172 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

It's been interesting, MHI, SKL and now EBO have all produced good results and their share prices have done nothing. Maybe EBO's down trend will reverse with this good result.

Veteran novice

Yes, a good result.

The market's pre-occupied with events elsewhere just now, leaving some tempting buys around for those with spare funds!

Veteran novice

EBO on the search for more acquisitions.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/5516...0m-acquisition

percy

AGM this afternoon was well attended.Mark Waller [MD] spoke at length about EBO's position in NZ health market.Working with the govt and Pharmac to see health money is best spent.He felt too much is being wasted in non health staff wages,and should be spent in front line staff.Should only be 4 DHBs instead of the 16 or was it 18 we have at present.Huge amount of duplication.He thought Pharmac was doing a great job reducing the cost of pharmacies.One product in Aussie was $1.21 while Pharmac had got the price down to 8 cents.Those sort of savings make the health dollar go a lot further.Ageing populations world wide going to cause govts big problems. Have the cash for a large acquisition.Working on something at present.Nearly spent $80mil on a British manufacturer.Got a long way down the road,then woke up UK was to far away and had too many problems.[thank god they woke up]
    Felt Aussie health may move more to NZ model over the next few years.With lots of changes/challenges coming up over the next few years Waller felt there would be plenty of opportunities for EBO.He said major multie nationals with leave Aussie as it is too expensive to manufacture there.This will add opportunities for EBO.
    ChCh earthquakes have proved all EBO back up systems worked.
    Was impressed by Waller thanking all warehouse staff who lost their homes coming to work to get EBO products out.
    EBO even supplied a competitors orders to their customers.!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 20-10-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks for the update Percy. How do you see this company going forward, obviously looking to buy something. Great dividend growth over the last 10 years

percy

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    Thanks for the update Percy. How do you see this company going forward, obviously looking to buy something. Great dividend growth over the last 10 years
    Ebos have a record of 17 successful acqusitions.The next 10 years will see big changes in the health systems both here and Aussie .Ebos will benefit from these changes,because they are so good at delivering products to the markets on time.They have driven down costs.When the govt needs to drive out overhead costs,Ebos will be there ,working with the health providers,providing them with the materials. Ebos has a strong board,P Klauss and M stewart have large shareholdings.M Waller is a great leader.Ebos has a strong balance sheet. the next 10 years will provide Ebos with great opportunities.Exciting times ahead for the company and us shareholders.

Thanks Percy I will add this one to my list for my long term portfolio. Another great dividend growth share like ryman and mainfreight. Do not need to go overseas to find these.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    Thanks Percy I will add this one to my list for my long term portfolio. Another great dividend growth share like ryman and mainfreight. Do not need to go overseas to find these.
    All three companies share one vital ingredient.Passion.The board,the CEO, the CFO,have this infectious passion that goes through their whole companies.From the receptionist to the delivery driver,they love working for "their" company.Setbacks are seen as new challenges,change,new opportunities.Do they bring outside consultants?.No ,because the people who have the greatest knowledge of their business already work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    All three companies share one vital ingredient.Passion.The board,the CEO, the CFO,have this infectious passion that goes through their whole companies.From the receptionist to the delivery driver,they love working for "their" company.Setbacks are seen as new challenges,change,new opportunities.Do they bring outside consultants?.No ,because the people who have the greatest knowledge of their business already work for them.
    Percy any talk about if/when EBOS will have a secondary listing on the ASX? Waller mentioned it as a possibility a couple of years ago.

Having said that, i see that the Australian revenues really droppped off in FY11, presumably as a result of the sale of Scientific? Aus revenues now make up less than 10% of total revenues - I recall it previously being a far greater proportion.
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    Percy any talk about if/when EBOS will have a secondary listing on the ASX? Waller mentioned it as a possibility a couple of years ago.

Having said that, i see that the Australian revenues really droppped off in FY11, presumably as a result of the sale of Scientific? Aus revenues now make up less than 10% of total revenues - I recall it previously being a far greater proportion.
    No mention of secondary listing. Drop off was mainly Scientific.They have noticed a slow down in Australia.They are working on acquistions all the time,but the bigone they are close to I think we will find is in Australia.
    First agm I have been to where all the talk has not been about Australia,except to say multinationals will no longer manufacture product in Aussie as costs are too high.They will therefore leave aussie which will open up opportunities for Ebos.They said they decided against UK manufacturer because UK was too far away and UK ecomony looked poor.I took that to mean they need to concentrate on Aussie. They felt Pharmac here had brought costs down and Aussie will have to move more to NZ model,which would open opportunities for EBO.EBO know they need a big expansion/acquisition in Aussie,but chairman Rick Christie said they did not want to buy anything cheap,and spend years fixing it up.They said selling scientific has proved correct.They said they are sitting on $100 mil cash and would not hesitate to come to shareholders if need be.
    Go to www.stuff.co.nz and put ebos in search and there are articles on the meeting.