sharetrader
Page 6 of 172 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    percy

The chairman's , and the MD's ,and the slide show from the AGM have been posted on www.nzx.com website.Just enter ebo in search.

If distribution is their core business and capability suppose pet products not that much different from healthcare stuff .... but an interest in Animates is one stepfrom that core

Interesting

Next AGM some doggy biscuits for that dog of yours Percy .... oops did I mention dog on this thread ... of course not

What you think Percy

I sort of associated with a small business that buys things off Masterpet ..... have always been most impressed in the way they operate ... appear to be efficient ... and embraced on line stuff. Have also been through their Lower Hutt centre recently and that was pretty impressive as well

Disappoint those looking for an IPO eh

percy

My initial reaction was one of surprise.Always concerned when a company leaves it's field of expertise.
    However, on further thought I can see it as a good acquisition.I have two cats. I deal with Animates which I find a very good firm.
    Mark Waller has at various times spoken of Ebos's very advanced distribution systems,and from that point I can see Ebos understanding this business very quickly.Dealing with vets should be similar as to dealing with Doctors.Ebos already deal with supermarkets,so know that area.The pet business is a very good business to be in,so I feel shareholder's [and their pets] are well positioned for the future.
    It also gets them away from a govt funded business ,which may be a good thing.

percy

At AGM chairman said they only wanted to buy a good business,so pleased to know you are impressed with Masterpet.
    ps Hope I am making sense,but we are having queit a few large earth quakes which is unsettling me.

bugger about those quakes eh .... and just before Xmas and when people were thinking the worst was behind them

Was in Chch the week before last and the people i spoke to werefeeling a lot happier about life and now this

Thinking of you all .... take care

percy

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
    Trust you and all other sharetraders,and their families have a save and happy Xmas.

Advanced Member

Percy.. Percy.. Percy...

What can one say .. Have learnt from your mails and appreciated your comments ..

S*&t.. .. My thoughts are with you and your neighbours.. Perc..

Easy to say.. as I shake my head in total un/in-comprehension as to what must be going through the thoughts of Cantabrians..

Bet it took your thoughts away from the quality of jerseys offered by ... WHO WAS IT ??..

" Just grab a couple of blankets and those water bottles "..,

Best wishes .. Perc.. For you all in Ch- Ch..

percy

janner,
    thank you,and all the best to you for Xmas.Very difficult for Chch,just when the city tries yet again to move forward,another big quake puts the brakes on progress.It is again the people in the eastern suburbs who suffer the most,how they cope beats me.

Share Collector

I like the acquisition, but it looks to me like it may make it more of a 2013 story. i.e. wait for a full year of impact and for costs (and associated debt) to become clearer.

I have value at $7 for now though, so it looks like okay buying at these prices ($6.55). However, longer term downtrend doesn't look exactly shattered at this point on latest acquisition news, so maybe wait and see.