sharetrader
Page 71 of 172 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    EBO's been a great investment for us for a long time, percy but a rise of nearly 30% in less than two months makes me nervous!

Yes, the NZX is on a roll, largely as a result of lower interest rates and "experts" starting to discover and talk about the merits of equities and dividends for income. But EBO isn't exactly an income stock so either it's being caught up in the general mood or there's some other reason. Any ideas - or is it just that EBO is a great stock?

Best Dorothy Dixer i've read for a while
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Best Dorothy Dixer i've read for a while
    Are you still reading those magazines, winner?

No mate - learnt about Dorothy from politicians and the art of asking questions

Good ramp though

percy

EBO's been a great investment for us for a long time, percy but a rise of nearly 30% in less than two months makes me nervous!

Yes, the NZX is on a roll, largely as a result of lower interest rates and "experts" starting to discover and talk about the merits of equities and dividends for income. But EBO isn't exactly an income stock so either it's being caught up in the general mood or there's some other reason. Any ideas - or is it just that EBO is a great stock?

Yes I am always scared of crowing about any share that has had an incredible rise. Just when you think $20 here we come it all goes wrong.!!!
    So why is the sp still on its upward trajectory?
    A few maybes.
    Possibly the best user of capital in Australasia.
    Possibly achieving one of the best stock turns of any Australasian company.
    Possibly Australian intos realising EBO are a doing a huge turnover in very stable and growing sectors in Australia.Human and animal health.
    Possibly investors realising EBO have the financial capacity for further acquisitions with out calling for more capital from shareholders.
    Possibly investors are realising EBO's logistics/marketing are being used by EBO, to leverage their own high margin products such as Red Seal.
    The board,and management are exceptional.
    Summed up by the reason Zuellig's Peter Williams made when seeking re-eclection to the board."because I am having so much fun." Classic.
    Last edited by percy; 31-03-2016 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes I am always scared of crowing about any share that has had an incredible rise. Just when you think $20 here we come it all goes wrong.!!!
    So why is the sp still on its upward trajectory?
    A few maybes.
    Possibly the best user of capital in Australasia.
    Possibly achieving one of the best stock turns of any Australasian company.
    Possibly Australian intos realising EBO are a doing a huge turnover in very stable and growing sectors in Australia.Human and animal health.
    Possibly investors realising EBO have the financial capacity for further acquisitions with out calling for more capital from shareholders.
    Possibly investors are realising EBO's logistics/marketing are being used by EBO, to leverage their own high margin products such as Red Seal.
    Thanks Percy, I think a combination of all of those factors that you mention.
    I bought a parcel just before they went ex dividend (at around $16.55) so I'm very happy so far. Though I've got to admit the quick rise is a little worrying, I hope I'm not too late to the party on this one...

Handsome Member

Yeah I sold out recently due to the quick rise in SP, maybe I should have waited as it hit new highs yesterday. Great company and I probably will get back in at some point but the quick rise did scare me a little as well. But as percy states below, its a great business and maybe the price will get to that $20. Just not sure if it's worth the $20 so soon. Any prediction on whether they will get annual NPAT of $125m+?
    Any acquisition will affect that short term I guess.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Thanks Percy, I think a combination of all of those factors that you mention.
    I bought a parcel just before they went ex dividend (at around $16.55) so I'm very happy so far. Though I've got to admit the quick rise is a little worrying, I hope I'm not too late to the party on this one...
    It pays to be deaf when you own EBO.
    I think another long term shareholder Macduffy would confirm you can not listen to "the noise" with EBO.
    They are losing this agency,the govt is changing the rules,the opposition are moving into more of their market,people are buying smaller animals,.The list of reasons why to sell or not buy has greatly increased over the past 25 years I have held them.
    The only mistake I have made is listening to that noise and selling some.Has cost me plenty to buy them back.
    The AGM/ASM is a must.The sheer energy the management and the board radiate is confirmation the future does not offer EBO challenges,but opportunities.

[QUOTE=percy;613958]It pays to be deaf when you own EBO.
    I think another long term shareholder Macduffy would confirm you can not listen to "the noise" with EBO.
    They are losing this agency,the govt is changing the rules,the opposition are moving into more of their market,people are buying smaller animals,.The list of reasons why to sell or not buy has greatly increased over the past 25 years I have held them.
    The only mistake I have made is listening to that noise and selling some.Has cost me plenty to buy them back.
    The AGM/ASM is a must.The sheer energy the management and the board radiate is confirmation the future does not offer EBO challenges,but opportunities.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'm coming along this year

I saw last nights closing price which I hadn't checked since recording the closing price at the end of last month. It's shaping to be a big paper gain this month. The ride with this share has been good and it now represents the biggest unrealised gain I've sat on ever (high 6 figures). My average entry price is just $4.91 so I've been a holder for a long while & have participated in the DRIP the allotment prices of which are included in the average entry price. I'm happy to have put my spouse, sister & a friend on to this share too. The way things are going I'm not considering selling yet and will continue to enjoy the ride.

See that question of yours was a Dorothy Dixer (of the highest calibre) - you got the quick responses and answers you were after

Well done mate