sharetrader
Page 75 of 172 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I closed out at 17.90 y'day simply because I felt it had overrun in the short term, and despite considering this a great company I was only playing it in the short term.
    in at 16.56 on the 4th so 8% in a week.
    I closed out at 11.60ish some time ago simply because I felt it had overrun in the short term, and despite considering this a great company I was only playing it in the short term.

Ho hum; the lessons we learn!

My lesson? That I am not smarter than the market. For some companies it is better to get them at a reasonable price and then let the company do its job.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I closed out at 11.60ish some time ago simply because I felt it had overrun in the short term, and despite considering this a great company I was only playing it in the short term.

Ho hum; the lessons we learn!

My lesson? That I am not smarter than the market. For some companies it is better to get them at a reasonable price and then let the company do its job.
    hey onion you are making me cry!
    yes I totally hear what you say, but please refer to http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...-expensive-now
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Handsome Member

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Absolute stunner.What a way to start the day.!!
    When I expected 12% revenue growth they did over 16.5%.
    Where I expected eps to be up 12% they were up over 18% to 84cps.
    Far exceeded my most optimistic expectations.
    And the icing on the cake is the final divie is increased by 30% yes 30% to 32.5cps.
    The outlook is for continued growth with an update to be given at the agm on 19th October.[I will be there.]
    Well done Ebos.
    Last edited by percy; 25-08-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Absolute stunner.What a way to start the day.!!
    When I expected 12% revenue growth they did over 16.5%.
    Where I expected eps to be up 12% they were up over 18% to 84cps.
    Far exceeded my most optimistic expectations.
    And the icing on the cake is the final divie is increased by 30% yes 30% to 32.5cps.
    The outlook is for continued growth with an update to be given at the agm on 19th October.[I will be there.]
    Well done Ebos.
    It sort of takes your breath away doesn't it.
    What an insane result.
    EBO at the top of its business cycle has entered a sustained period of prosperity.
    h2

Handsome Member

An absolute cracker, I just had a look at my spreadsheet and all figures that I used for "ridiculously high" estimates have been shot. Even revenue was higher than my ridiculous estimation.
    I haven't been a long holder but the more I research this company the more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    An absolute cracker, I just had a look at my spreadsheet and all figures that I used for "ridiculously high" estimates have been shot. Even revenue was higher than my ridiculous estimation.
    I haven't been a long holder but the more I research this company the more like it.
    Comprehensive income not that great though, they are taking a hit from relative weakness in Aussie dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Comprehensive income not that great though, they are taking a hit from relative weakness in Aussie dollars.
    Bear in mind these items are "Items that may be reclassified subsequently to profit or loss:"

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bear in mind these items are "Items that may be reclassified subsequently to profit or loss:"

No worries
    I'm not at all knowledgeable about this. I guess EBO doesn't account for this in profit and loss because it reflects overseas "production" and sales, whereas exporters like SCL take a direct hit on currency movements between their point of manufacture and point of sales. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I'm not at all knowledgeable about this. I guess EBO doesn't account for this in profit and loss because it reflects overseas "production" and sales, whereas exporters like SCL take a direct hit on currency movements between their point of manufacture and point of sales. Is that right?
    Biscuits - its this

Exchange differences, principally relating to the translation from Australian dollars, being the functional currency of the Group’s foreign controlled entities in Australia, into New Zealand dollars being the Group’s presentation currency, are brought to account by entries made directly in other comprehensive income and accumulated in the foreign currency translation reserve.

The key word is 'translation' - ie converting the Aussie (and other) accounts into NZD. Day to day trading impacts are probably already accounted for in the respective country P&Ls

You be non the wiser with this explanation but no need to worry about it, just complicates things. the year before it was a big positive number.
    Last edited by winner69; 25-08-2016 at 11:20 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”