sharetrader
Page 81 of 172 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up By firmly hold I meant firmly holding onto my EBO shares

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    PT - the 400MA is $14.42 so no need tonsell...

...AND ISN'T THIS GOING TO BE A $100 STOCK
    Yes, EBOS shares are like tonsils and should only be removed if absolutely necessary.

Will definitely be the first $100 stock on the NZX.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Now sitting on the 200 day EMA.

I presume that percy has followed the TA discipline that he exhorts others to abide by and is long gone .

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Firmly hold
    No I sold 60% of my holding.Have retained 40%.[free ones]
    Held on for the wrong reason, sentiment.
    I sold as at the agm they spoke of 7% growth and the PE was well over 20.
    I note the presentation at UBS confernce they altered that to between 7% to 10% growth.
    The current PE is 19.29,which I feel is still too high compared to the growth rate.
    I have brought two other shares, TNR and EVO, where I see their growth rates being higher than their PEs..Higher dividend yields are also attractive.
    Last edited by percy; 30-11-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Ebos agm thoughts.
    I think Peter Williams must read ST.So as not to upset macduffy he did say he would continue to bring his "enthusiasm" to the board.
    They were very pleased with the short video they have on their site which goes along way to explain what Ebos's 2700 staff do from 42 sites in Australasia.
    The chairman did point out NZ has benefitted from very stable governments under Helen Clark and John Key.This stability has been lacking in Australia,and is most probably goes to explain why NZ has caught up so much.
    Changing regulators and regulations means challenges that Ebos has always managed to meet.Ebos says governments in NZ and Australia, realise the importance private sector businesses such as Ebos play in the health sector.
    Changing regulations and the huge costs involved in setting up, have put off new entrants.The NSW,Victoria,and soon to open Brisbane distribution centre cost Ebo between $30mil and $40 each without stock.
    Share split.They are aware $20 maybe a barrier and think investors may prefer a share price between $5 and $10.Comes up for discussion but not decision has been made.I did ask The Chairman after the meeting, if the decision could be delayed until after the sp hit $20, as I have a bet on with Paper Tiger .
    All divisions are trading well,and the business is in great shape.
    Posted 19/10/16 after the annual meeting and nothing since until tonight's post. Hmmm.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Posted 19/10/16 after the annual meeting and nothing since until tonight's post. Hmmm.
    Yes.
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.!
    And reading my agm post you can understand why I held onto my "free" ones.!!
    Last edited by percy; 30-11-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Ebos seen to be getting lots of new products sold through supermarkets, which is good to see. I think more good things to come, of course no way they can get the gains of this past year, bit still not a bad stock IMO.

EVO might not be the best choice, given the way the industry presents competition. TNR should be a winner at the right price, at least for a cyclical purchase.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Ebos seen to be getting lots of new products sold through supermarkets, which is good to see. I think more good things to come, of course no way they can get the gains of this past year, bit still not a bad stock IMO.

EVO might not be the best choice, given the way the industry presents competition. TNR should be a winner at the right price, at least for a cyclical purchase.
    Craigs initiated research this week on EVO.Comments such as "strong growth" with 12.6% eps growth this coming year and 12.8% eps growth next year.meaning a PE of 10.6 this year and 9.4 next year.Gross dividend yields of 6.5% and 7.4%.Their target price of $1.33 is a little lower than Forbar's earlier research.I paid 95cents,so am "well positioned."..lol.
    TNR.I posted on TNR thread I saw eps of 35 cents in year 2018,and I would be happy with a PE of between 12 and 18 which would translate to a sp of between $4.20 and $6.30 compared to current sp of $3.50,but I think a PE of 15 would be about right, which gives a sp of $5.25.
    Back to EBO.I would expect another very large acquisition within the next year or two.I still think they are an outstanding company.Have been a very happy holder for over 25 years.
    Last edited by percy; 01-12-2016 at 08:14 AM.

Veteran novice

Time to rebuild that EBO holding, percy? Shareprice up 2.7% today. I move a lot slower - so never sold any!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Time to rebuild that EBO holding, percy? Shareprice up 2.7% today. I move a lot slower - so never sold any!

Following your posts over the years,I think you move at the right speed.!!!
    Fast is not always right in the long term.
    In the very short term EBO is down 3.6% from the price I sold, while EVO are up 12.6% with a divie to come,and TNR are up 9.8% and I have received a small divie as well.
    In real terms I have gone from a rather overweight position in EBO to an about right position.?
    Being well overweight in a good company has always been very rewarding??!!
    Still extremely overweight in HBL.But that's another stoey.!..lol.

Perhaps never known was that the rubber stamping of the Symbion/Ebos deal at that time, had the nod of a 96 year old.

Sadly Dr Zuellig has passed away at the age of 99 - still very hands on - not dissimilar to Charles Luney in NZ.

http://development.aim.edu/about-the-zuellig-school

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Perhaps never known was that the rubber stamping of the Symbion/Ebos deal at that time, had the nod of a 96 year old.

Sadly Dr Zuellig has passed away at the age of 99 - still very hands on - not dissimilar to Charles Luney in NZ.

http://development.aim.edu/about-the-zuellig-school
    Welcome Sarge to Sharetrader.
    Very sad news.
    EBO Chairman,Mark Waller has often spoken kindly of Dr Zuellig.
    A man whom he greatly admired,and respected.