Today NAV $1.24 and share Price $1.60

WOW

Obviously the warrant announcement was attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Not too Flash View Post
    At 31/3/21 NAV was $1.18 and Share Price was $1.30

WOW

That's a big lift today. I bought in a few weeks ago to increase overseas exposure and they are already up 20%.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Not too Flash View Post
    At 31/3/21 NAV was $1.18 and Share Price was $1.30

WOW

When people are ready to pay 50% over Council Value of houses then why not here also ....Value is in the mind only ...lol

Amazing ....Wish I had to sell and buy the warrants when listed ...

KFL is next in the line for new warrant issue ....IMHO ...maybe in next 2-3 months time thats why there also slowly slowly premium to NAV is going up
    Last edited by alokdhir; 04-05-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    When people are ready to pay 50% over Council Value of houses then why not here also ....Value is in the mind only ...lol ....
    Rating valuations have very little to do with market values. Except maybe to indicate comparative values, but even then not really.

Investments

People ready to pay 10 cents extra for the free warrants allotment @ 1 for 4 shares held ...so warrant SP should be more then 40 cents to justify this transaction ..

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    People ready to pay 10 cents extra for the free warrants allotment @ 1 for 4 shares held ...so warrant SP should be more then 40 cents to justify this transaction ..
    Crazy how people go for this kind of thing isn't it? The managers offer you a fancy warrant and you don't even have to think about how it's you that's paying for it. I guess life's more exciting when your fund manager is moving your money between your pockets, almost like watching a skilled juggler.

'going for this kind of thing' has actually worked very well for me and many others I hear on this forum.
    Are you a holder?
    There are ways of excelling with these listed funds if you know what you're doing. It's not a simple dance.
    More of a tango than a fox trot.
    I've worked it out. Maybe you haven't?

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    'going for this kind of thing' has actually worked very well for me and many others I hear on this forum.
    Are you a holder?
    There are ways of excelling with these listed funds if you know what you're doing. It's not a simple dance.
    More of a tango than a fox trot.
    I've worked it out. Maybe you haven't?
    The maths is very simple. If the management outperform the index by enough to overcome their high fees, you'll do better than investing in a simple index without the bells and whistles. The other tricks of giving with one hand and taking with the other (DRPs, dividends including your own capital, warrants etc) are pretty irrelevant. Who pays for your great deal on a warrant if not yourself as an existing holder?

I don't hold but am fascinated by the psychology.

I've held KFL since 2016. I have taken advantage of most warrants issues and I go with DRP. My total annual returns over that time (capital plus dividends) have consistently been in the vicinity of 23-28%. Currently sitting at 26%. I started out with 1000 shares. I have never bought any additional shares on market.Yeah, I know these figures are miniscule compared to everyone else's here, but KFL works. As do BRM and MLN. As long as they continue to perform like this, I don't care about their high fees or their money juggling. I don't have blind faith. I have informed faith and I am more than happy with how they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Crazy how people go for this kind of thing isn't it? The managers offer you a fancy warrant and you don't even have to think about how it's you that's paying for it. I guess life's more exciting when your fund manager is moving your money between your pockets, almost like watching a skilled juggler.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 05-05-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I've held KFL since 2016. I have taken advantage of most warrants issues and I go with DRP. My total annual returns over that time (capital plus dividends) have consistently been in the vicinity of 23-28%. Currently sitting at 26%. I started out with 1000 shares. I have never bought any additional shares on market.Yeah, I know these figures are miniscule compared to everyone else's here, but KFL works. As do BRM and MLN. As long as they continue to perform like this, I don't care about their high fees or their money juggling. I don't have blind faith. I have informed faith and I am more than happy with how they are doing.
    Yes, they have had pretty decent returns recently, the management have done well. I am not really a believer that past success as a manager has any correlation to future success but we all make our own decision. Their ability to outperform their fees is the only reason you could do better here than in a cheaper index.

Your returns could have been even higher if management had cut down on the capital escapades and reduced their fees accordingly.

I am also interested to see what happens to the fund in a bear market given the need to spit out dividends at 8% of NAV. With a rising market this is accounted for, in a falling market it could fall hard.