sharetrader
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    Beagle I hear what you’re saying but surveys are just that, surveys. Real flows are looking very healthy
    The real flow will be cash out of the country a la Beagle hence the plunging currency ...., not a flow into business investment ... I don’t think the Beagle mentioned the random shutdown of the exploration industry , what next ?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Hardly - the job market is still strong, a fair bit of the confidence survey in my opinion is a protest vote from employers - we voted National but we lost, time to accept things, the new normal.
    Agreed, there are so many good things going but we have this politicalised negativity filtering through the threads . Im really disappointed but not surprised in some peoples negative, sore loser attitudes on here, its like if we cant govern we will take everyone down, its a betrayal attitude pervading, careful for what you wish for.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    If employers cut back on investment , job cuts will follow and the economy will tip . Agree Beagle 62 cents here we come , especially with Fonterra spluttering ....
    Sensible stuff from the Mainfreight AGM - chairman Bryce Plested "Consumers are consuming and confident, building of infrastructure is evident everywhere and the movement of people to areas outside the main centres is exhilerating to see. Our roads and cities are more well-kept than ever - everyone is caring more and trying to do business"

Guru

Not a lot of posts here referring to Marlin.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Not a lot of posts here referring to Marlin.
    Agreed - it got a little off track but a post referred to being a good idea to be invested offshore (and MLN is a vehicle for that) because some posters thought NZ going in some rapid downward spiral and some of us begged to differ.

Lets agree to disagree on where the N.Z. economy and $Kiwi is going. Back to Marlin. Solid bidding this morning at 92 cents. A reminder that the warrant exercise price is adjusted for dividends paid including the just on 2 cents paid in the last quarter and is just on 81 cents. Forgetting about the benefits of the optionality and leverage these warrants confer a well bid SP of 92 cents suggests the minimum warrant price should be 92-81 = 11 cents.

Opportunity knocks ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Lets agree to disagree on where the N.Z. economy and $Kiwi is going. Back to Marlin. Solid bidding this morning at 92 cents. A reminder that the warrant exercise price is adjusted for dividends paid including the just on 2 cents paid in the last quarter and is just on 81 cents. Forgetting about the benefits of the optionality and leverage these warrants confer a well bid SP of 92 cents suggests the minimum warrant price should be 92-81 = 11 cents.

Opportunity knocks ?
    And just imagine if that ridiculous irrational unwaranted stupid discount to NAV narrowed or even got back to par ....wow

You guys making me so envious ......hate missing obvious free lunches ...hmmm

Mind you WINX.AU paying a dividend this week
    Last edited by winner69; 13-08-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

LOL you're a character mate. I think we both know some discount to NTA is definitely warranted
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL you're a character mate. I think we both know some discount to NTA is definitely warranted
    Why is it warranted? - I'm still not convinced that the large discount is justified?

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Why is it warranted? - I'm still not convinced that the large discount is justified?

Justified or not ever since Marlin has been around the market (ie the masses) have said a pretty large discount to NAV is warranted (at least most of the time even though a few times times it has come close to par)

The masses are sometimes wrong but honestly whats going to change that view after so many years.

Anyway fund going well at the moment
    Last edited by winner69; 13-08-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”