sharetrader
Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin

Hybrid View

Default Marlin

Seems to be strong interest in this one. Monday on TV1 business Carmel Fisher said they were going to be unhedged in foreign currencies. I think there will be a good gain down the track from the fall of the Kiwi dollar once interest rates drop off in the coming property fall initiated recession. They will have a spread of Euro, Yen, USD, Pound etc denominated stock.

Also, they have identified a large part of the target equities already.

Lastly, the listing performance of Barramundi shows a following of investors who will probably put a premium on Marlin when it lists.

Guru

Marlin, What:Where;How:When??

Sorry, what do you mean Whatsup.

Advanced Member

Have any kingfisher shareholders who pre registered recieved their packs yet? I have recieved nothing

I recieved nothing even though I asked for info through Fisher website. Rang ABN Amro and prospectus fastposted to me today. I will be in for a few even if just to hold the warrants. Will be interesting....
    Cheers,
    MPC
    Last edited by MPC; 10-10-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Yes I have recieved mine yesterday. Im with ASB Securities

http://www.asx.com.au/products/pdf/lmi/ ... 200906.pdf

Discovered this report the other day, and noticed the large variations between prices and NAV's in a number of shares.
    PMC @ 13% over nav
    TGG @ 25% under nav for example.

MLN @ about 20% under NAV is within the variation shown by similar ASX listed funds.

I have the thought that good growth potential exists in many of these LIC's , at a lower risk than other choices, so have been collecting a few on lower price days, growth over the last month or two has been encouraging, amd hopefully will continue.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldRider View Post
    http://www.asx.com.au/products/pdf/lmi/ ... 200906.pdf

Discovered this report the other day, and noticed the large variations between prices and NAV's in a number of shares.
    PMC @ 13% over nav
    TGG @ 25% under nav for example.

MLN @ about 20% under NAV is within the variation shown by similar ASX listed funds.

I have the thought that good growth potential exists in many of these LIC's , at a lower risk than other choices, so have been collecting a few on lower price days, growth over the last month or two has been encouraging, amd hopefully will continue.
    OR: I reckon that the Marlin warrants (MLNWA) are the way to go, in this uptrending market. The exercise date is not until October 2010 and you can still get them for around 6c. I bought 100k a couple of months back.
    (Latest nta for MLN was $1.04 - before last night's offshore upsurge.)

http://www.asx.com.au/products/pdf/l...nta_200906.pdf

link in previous post didn't seem to copy properly so trying again.

Colin:
    The warrants are an idea. I look after ASX & NZX shares myself, but use investment companies for the foreign portion of our investments.

It has been a point of interest for me how, for example RCP in UK, and others are similar, have maintained their share prices, RCP today has NAV 944p share price 963.5p.

Yet MLN locally, and a number on ASX have SP well below NAV.

INE for example at half NAV and TGG as mentioned before @ 25% discount, AGF @ 20% lower than NAV, with few shares selling over NAV.

I realise size, liquidity and dividend payments, need to be taken into account, but can't help having the view that these Australasian companies are well oversold. I have bitten the bullet and reduced amounts in British Trusts and reinvested in ASX International Lic's.

Pondering at the moment whether to go further in the direction. Have any thoughts?