sharetrader

Thread: Marlin

Hybrid View

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Yes I realize that

The thing is, I do consider my Fisher trio to be long term holdings. So if that happens, I will just sit and ride it out. Because at some point things will change yet again and the SP will recover.

I'm not clever or brave enough to try to play the "time the market" game.
    As a holder since 2010 I can tell from experience that this kind of premium never happened before ..though I have seen 20 cents discount to NAV more commonly just before warrants exercise time . Thats why me more confused if this is special " Covid " phenomena or will keep repeating as u thinking to wait out till this type premium comes again .

But me as well is really loving this recent market attraction to Fisher Funds trio

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    As a holder since 2010 I can tell from experience that this kind of premium never happened before ..though I have seen 20 cents discount to NAV more commonly just before warrants exercise time . Thats why me more confused if this is special " Covid " phenomena or will keep repeating as u thinking to wait out till this type premium comes again .

But me as well is really loving this recent market attraction to Fisher Funds trio
    Over time MLN KFL etc have in the main traded at a discount to NAV - the discount was seen as the NPV of future management fees etc.

Its only recently that they have consistently traded a premium. I think mainly because they are seen as just another stock (ticker code and all) and one that pays a decent dividend to boot in these low interest rate times. And for those who have come on bard over the last year (I would hazard a guess many have) its been a pretty lucrative investment eh

Doesn't seem to make much sense for oldies but these are weird times.

Question you ask is this the new norm ....and they will continue to trade at a premium to NAV forever.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .......continue to trade at a premium to NAV forever.

Naving is forever. But the premium isn't going to go away anytime soon. When money is cheap, every share is cheap.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Naving is forever. But the premium isn't going to go away anytime soon. When
    money is cheap, every share is cheap.
    When money is cheap assets are not.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    When money is cheap assets are not.
    When money is cheap, assets are not (eventually). In the meantime, make hay while the sun shines.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Over time MLN KFL etc have in the main traded at a discount to NAV - the discount was seen as the NPV of future management fees etc.

Its only recently that they have consistently traded a premium. I think mainly because they are seen as just another stock (ticker code and all) and one that pays a decent dividend to boot in these low interest rate times. And for those who have come on bard over the last year (I would hazard a guess many have) its been a pretty lucrative investment eh

Doesn't seem to make much sense for oldies but these are weird times.

Question you ask is this the new norm ....and they will continue to trade at a premium to NAV forever.
    Need yours and other learned and seasoned investors opinion about this important issue being faced by me and many like me ...Shall we switch from such pricy funds ( Z score basis ) or keep riding till it collapses ...What goes up must come down may happen ...Memory of CEN and MEL at lofty levels in Jan still fresh

As MFD said sell funds and DIY portfolio and get a 30% head start ...

Try to answer this for us please
    Last edited by alokdhir; 05-05-2021 at 08:13 PM.

If you sold the head shares and bought the underlying component stocks (with 30,%gain as calculated) the question of dividends then applies. Do the divs of the components add up to the 8,% pa NTA-referenced head share div or less (try your own calcs) and of course the PIE tax benefit disappears as for non pie divs and tax compliance admin surfaces as well...20-30 non pie stocks versus one single pie stock....no thanks