sharetrader
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    Looking at the books....
    seams thay are good shape on the balance sheet.
    The markets are struggling back life with EQ 4ever....
    This coy can re-adjust quite quickly and it ain't broken
    by any means.
    They are a bloody good divvy stock and no reason why
    good divvy's wont continue.
    Elevation are just being a pain and of course, they are competitors.
    BB
    Look at Carmel Fisher's track record with all her offerings over the years - lousy performances all round with KFL, BRM and Marlin.

Great marketing, wining and dining the reporters, financial advisors and brokers like Craigs who eagerly pushed their clients into the funds for the 1.5% brokerage she was giving.

years later - nothing but millions upon millions of management fees extracted for ???? and bugger all for investors.

Correct me if I am wrong and I will stand corrected!

And I will front up to Fisher Fund and apologize profusely.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-10-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Look at Carmel Fisher's track record with all her offerings over the years - lousy performances all round with KFL, BRM and Marlin.

Nothing but management fees for her and bugger all for investors.

Correct me if I am wrong and I will stand corrected! And Apologise!
    I cant argue coz I live in Qtown and dont move in Auckland circuils.

However some of my freinds are Auck's, and they mostly wont agree with you.

These same people tell me some "not nice things" about this Elevation outfit.
    cheers anyway
    BB

Balance you have lost all your objectivity on these funds...In your own mind I understand you believe you have been screwed by them. Why? Because obviously the SP has dropped below what you originally paid. What about all the dividends you would have received over the time you owned them. Many investors are very happy with these funds and understand that management fees are part and parcel of running funds. You are stuck in a bad place here in my opinion..this constant criticism is based on the facts as you see them and not taking into account the many positives that many investors feel. Your'e not wrong just suffering from tunnel vision. But hey who hasnt been there.

Great marketing, wining and dining the reporters, financial advisors and brokers like Craigs who eagerly pushed their clients into the funds for the 1.5% brokerage she was giving.

years later - nothing but millions upon millions of management fees extracted for ???? and bugger all for investors.

Correct me if I am wrong and I will stand corrected!

And I will front up to Fisher Fund and apologize profusely.

Thks Sparky..
    The not nice things I refer too, is not about the personel, more about the Coy in general.
    There is a name there that I have heard before though !!!
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Balance you have lost all your objectivity on these funds...In your own mind I understand you believe you have been screwed by them. Why? Because obviously the SP has dropped below what you originally paid. What about all the dividends you would have received over the time you owned them. Many investors are very happy with these funds and understand that management fees are part and parcel of running funds. You are stuck in a bad place here in my opinion..this constant criticism is based on the facts as you see them and not taking into account the many positives that many investors feel. Your'e not wrong just suffering from tunnel vision. But hey who hasnt been there.
    Speak for yourself and your tunnel vision.

A simple request for you enlighten us as to Fisher Funds performance track record is met by comments not supported by facts.

The facts are that Fisher Funds have not performed. The dividends do not cover the capital losses suffered by unitholders but Fisher Funds continue to get millions upon millions of management fees (irrespective).

For the directors (independent? Good joke that!) to agree to another 5 years is totally unjustifiable.

Oh Ok I get it now...its only a fact if you say it ...that makes perfect sense...not... They have been performing fine for me 9% DIVIDEND YIELD...is that enough of a fact for you? A capital loss is only achieved if you buy and sell lower than you buy. I gather you bought high ok we have all done that but why not sit on it and at least receive dividends instead of selling at a loss. That would have been your decision and not really anything to do with the fund. Sometimes things recover even if it takes years. Its a personal investment philosophy that drives these things. Might I suggest that you clarify your statement as follows."The Fisher Funds have not performed for me" then I might stop questioning your objectivity.
    Speak for yourself and your tunnel vision.

A simple request for you enlighten us as to Fisher Funds performance track record is met by comments not supported by facts.

The facts are that Fisher Funds have not performed. The dividends do not cover the capital losses suffered by unitholders but Fisher Funds continue to get millions upon millions of management fees (irrespective).

For the directors (independent? Good joke that!) to agree to another 5 years is totally unjustifiable.

Oh Ok I get it now...its only a fact if you say it ...that makes perfect sense...not... They have been performing fine for me 9% DIVIDEND YIELD...is that enough of a fact for you? A capital loss is only achieved if you buy and sell lower than you buy. I gather you bought high ok we have all done that but why not sit on it and at least receive dividends instead of selling at a loss. That would have been your decision and not really anything to do with the fund. Sometimes things recover even if it takes years. Its a personal investment philosophy that drives these things. Might I suggest that you clarify your statement as follows."The Fisher Funds have not performed for me" then I might stop questioning your objectivity.
    But it is not real yield it is return of capital. They have to sell shares in the companies they hold in order to pay the so called dividend. At the same time they take a number of million in management fees. Sorry readers but the return of capital dressed up as a dividend is just a pig with lipstick.

You dont really believe in a year when Fook Yuu drops 80% (so far) that they actually had a yielding return.

To quote the Marlin May update:

'Dividend payments made in March, June, September and December. To meet the payments, Marlin Global will firstly utilise income from its investments and realised capital gains. If these are insufficient to cover the targeted payout Marlin Global may pay from its capital base'

Carmel Fisher has trained you well to expect lousy performances and to treat reduction of capital as dividends - while she makes millions in management fees for lousy performances every year!

Guru

It is clearly opportunism but it they can realise a 25% gain by closing the fund, then why wouldn't you.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

guys if you compare performance to benchmark you can see the fund has outperformed (albeit modestly) - the fact that the discount to NAV has increased should not be considered when judging the performance. A bit of balance is appropriate here.

If you have lost money its because you allocated assets to global small cap equity as an asset class - and that asset class has performed poorly. Don't blame the fund manager!