sharetrader
Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    No fund will be without some duds. Bottom line is how much did you buy in for....what is the ongoing dividend yield....and how much can you exit for... Taking all these things into consideration..its a winner...for me.
    Are you serious, so you think its OK to give someone money and then they return it to you as a dividend (which therefore reduces your capital) and think its a good deal. What are you drinking, because the coolaid must be strong.

For 3/4 of the investors in Marlin that is 3,000 investors they have not been able to buy in at the discount and have only seen there investment drop. If you are so keen on the dividend why not vote for the return @ NAV and invest in a company that pays dividends from EARNINGS, at least that way when you sell you still have a chance that your capital is there.

Guru

As a shareholder in MLN I will vote against Elevation's proposal. I am with Birmanboy on this one. I have done very well out of MLN as I bought in after the discount established itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    As a shareholder in MLN I will vote against Elevation's proposal. I am with Birmanboy on this one. I have done very well out of MLN as I bought in after the discount established itself.
    Carmel Fisher extends to you her congratulations as she has trained you well.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    OH gosh thats a hard one lets see.....close it down and get a one time 15% or keep it going and get annual yield of 9% plus sitting with unrealized capital gain any time I want. As Homer says...DOHHH.
    But it is not yield it is partly capital return. Seriously you should spend some time in the maths class, they teach it usually about year 12.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    because there may be investors who still want to be invested in the asset class and are supportive.
    And that is why is should be put to the vote. I would suggest that each year if the SP < 75% NAV, a vote should be held. Let the shareholders decide:

As a shareholder in MLN I will vote against Elevation's proposal.
    There is one vote.

Note: Not and never been a holder.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    But it is not yield it is partly capital return. Seriously you should spend some time in the maths class, they teach it usually about year 12.
    Sad, isn't it that we have 'investors' who actually believe that kind of nonsense.

Oh well, that's why there are those who are obscenely rich from taking advantage of those who think like that.

Wink

Here Here.... 777
    I like this one coz they allow me exposure to O/Sea's equities without going through all the hoop's.
    (Sorry Hoop, did'nt mean you... regards to Mrs Hoop)
    Anna Naum.... You make some good points, but had the big bang in 2008 not happened, would we be having this discussion. ?
    World equities are slowly picking up. So now is the best time to be re-ajusting.
    IMO, Marlin has a good future.

Balance old son..... are you secretly in love with this Fisher Lady... ???. What you got invested there...?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    Here Here.... 777

Anna Naum.... You make some good points, but had the big bang in 2008 not happened, would we be having this discussion. ?
    World equities are slowly picking up. So now is the best time to be re-ajusting.
    l:
    The discount would still be there so I would still want this to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    The discount would still be there so I would still want this to be closed.
    Only fair and proper way to offer such a product is via the open ended funds so that investors can exit at NAB if they want to exit.

But you will not get the likes of Carmel Fisher do that as her performance track record is such that most of the investors in KFL, BRM and MLN would have taken their money out a while ago and put it with other managers who actually perform!

We cannot have that , can we? Afterall, her managers, independent directors and she have put in a lot of thought about how to milk management fees for as long as they can without the pesky investors holding them to account and wanting their money out.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-10-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Another well trained investor of the Carmel Fisher school of investing.

You guys are trained so well that you actually think lousy performances are acceptable!

And return of capital as dividends!!!!

So you give someone $1. She badly manages the money and it's down so she says I will give some of your money back every quarter. Meanwhile, she still charges you 3%+ pa to manage and administer your money!

If a bank does that, I can imagine the hue and cry.

But dress up a pig with lipsticks and there are some who actually believe it's pretty!

Clap clap!
    Not up with play here Bal but are you saying they sell things to pay this divie? Doesn't this then reduce the amount of assets in the fund? So the NAV reduces ......yes? And then if the discount to the NAV remains constant then the share price will fall as well?

So cash in the hand but on the other hand the paper value of my MLN shares have gone down as well. .....or am really stupid and this is not what happens