sharetrader
Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin

.... but whatever that regular dividend is bloody good

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    That is a stunning analysis of Marlin, the directors have a lot to answer for. All shareholders should read this before voting or attending the AGM.
    Yes, chopping and changing their presentations and comparisons of performances to confuse and potentially mislead investors and unit holders.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-10-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .... but whatever that regular dividend is bloody good
    If you look at the Elevation presentation on page 8 they show VERY clearly that it is not a dividend at all, rather a capital return that reduces the investment that remains, this policy taken to its natural conclusion results in no money left to invest or to pay a dividend.

If you look at the Elevation presentation on page 8 they show VERY clearly that it is not a dividend at all, rather a capital return that reduces the investment that remains, this policy taken to its natural conclusion results in no money left to invest or to pay a dividend.
    W69 is being ironical, me thinkth.

Coming to a stage whereby the independent directors better have a very very very good case for renewing the contract of Fisher, bearing in mind that they will be influenced by the fact that they are getting $90,000 to $150,000 in directors' fees from being INDEPENDENT directors of all 3 Fisher listed funds.

But as W69 would state, they are people of complete and utter integrity with nothing but unitholders' interests in mind, are individuals with undoubted capabilities who carefully evaluated how Fisher has been managing the fund, presenting the lousy performances to unitholders so they understand how badly Fisher management has been and generally, are people of utmost selflessness. They are, ain't they? Money is not everything, right?
    Last edited by Balance; 25-10-2012 at 03:50 PM.

[QUOTE=Balance;384039]W69 is being ironical, me thinkth.

Gotcha, I was thinking they/he/she usually is on to it but best I point out the potential flaw in the argument

[QUOTE=Anna Naum;384051]
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    W69 is being ironical, me thinkth.

Gotcha, I was thinking they/he/she usually is on to it but best I point out the potential flaw in the argument
    And I think Balance was being 'ironical' with how I feel about Carmen et al ........it's all heresay

Looking forward to the Marlin meeting next week. Elevation has given Caramel a nice amount of time to try and come back with an independent view for the 'independent' directors to claim as the reasons for such incompetence.

Looking forward to the Marlin meeting next week. Elevation has given Caramel a nice amount of time to try and come back with an independent view for the 'independent' directors to claim as the reasons for such incompetence.
    Bets on who will win this?

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Walker View Post
    Bets on who will win this?
    To my way of thinking Elevation has already won, Caramel and her hand picked 'independent' directors have been found to have acted in a less than 'best interest' manner.

It seems Random_Walker does most of his walking around the Elevation office and his posts on the NZX forum are not so random.

It's pretty obvious RW is Chris Swasbrook.

RW only posts when Elevation is actively promoting themselves, their causes and/or seeking support.

Salvus - Jul 2011 - posting when Elevation is a substantial shareholder and is agitating
    Seeka/Satara - Jul to Nov 2011 - posting when Elevation is a substantial shareholder of Satara and Chris Swasbrook is a director
    Kirkaldies - Sep 2011 - posting when Elevation is a shareholder and agitating
    PGC - Oct 2011 - posting when Elevation is agitating
    And now Marlin…

And Kirkaldies again... Then Deleted... Go Figure...

Come on Chris, show yourself.

Where is the transparency and good governance that you speak of?
    When does anonymous activism and promotion through this forum become market manipulation?
    Last edited by FIGJAM; 27-10-2012 at 11:32 AM.