sharetrader
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin

Guru

He will be making low ball offers soon.

Wrong! I have also posted on Energy Mad, Rubicon, PGC, etc none of which I believe Elevation have positions in... Though I do own some of the same value stocks and like to follow them and their activist plays. However everything they do is released on their website publicly with letters, presentations, etc so anyone can follow it.
    Last edited by Random_Walker; 27-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Walker View Post
    Wrong! I have also posted on Energy Mad, Rubicon, PGC, etc none of which I believe Elevation have positions in... Though I do own some of the same value stocks and like to follow them and their activist plays. However everything they do is released on their website publicly with letters, presentations, etc so anyone can follow it.
    Not to worry, RW.

This is typical of the brigade that attempts to shut down posters and postings they do not like because of their own agendas. Tells more about them than you.

I had posters trying to shut me down with Pike River Coal when I criticized the management of the mine and company, even to the extent of them writing private messages and complaining to admin. Then, the mine blew up and only then, I think they knew what a grievous disservice they had done to the dead miners and their families. Instead of being objective and joining in the criticism of how incompetent the mine managers were, they were intent on supporting the incompetency and shutting down anyone who dared to take them on. Very telling of what sort of individuals those posters were/are.

Keep up the good work and let's keep posting and exchanging views and ideas.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-10-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    FIGJAM, is this the case of the pot calling the kettle black? You've posted twice on this board - the same comment twice, once here on the Marlin thread, the other in the Kirkaldies thread. It is you who is abusing Sharetrader by using this forum as a proxy to attack a poster when you've had no other participation. Whoever Random_Walker is, they have been a member for over a year.

Are YOU in the pay of Fisher Funds or a fund associated with Carmel? And who made you the Sharetrader police?

And does the name "FIGJAM" suggest that you have an over inflated view of yourself? Could you be some kind of business, sports or celebrity overachiever?
    Agree Sparky, given the issues that Hotcopper faces in AU, this sort of post would be removed there (and should be removed here).

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    He will be making low ball offers soon.
    Shame on you, 777.

Random_Walker, If you say so...

SparkyTheClown, Balance, Anna_Naum
    I have been a member of this community for over four years. I don’t believe posting is a membership requirement.

As for the name... well I just wanted to fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    Random_Walker, If you say so...

SparkyTheClown, Balance, Anna_Naum
    I have been a member of this community for over four years. I don’t believe posting is a membership requirement.

As for the name... well I just wanted to fit in.
    No, postings are not a requirement. Nor should it be!

But rather strange you then choose to make your first posting to be something of such a personal nature?
    Last edited by Balance; 27-10-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Dilettante

Shareholder Association say they have been studying this closely and taking legal advice. Very concerned about conflicting information with regards to governance issues. Asking members for "undirected proxies" until they have a better informed position !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I don't have any money in Marlin or any other Fisher fund, nor with Elevation. So I'm not self-interested here. But what I actually do like is some good old fashioned shareholder activism where there is a challenge of ideas and some accountability. That's good for shareholders who haven't done well in Marlin.
    This reflects my sentiments. It is up the the shareholders what they want, but the directors should be accountable to the shareholders who hear all perspectives, not just blindly relying on management.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's the warning I gave prior to the IPO. Investors could have save themselves some $$$, eh Shasta.

No need to wait and see how they perform - Marlin is a dog, not a fish.
    Still like this posting of mine the best in terms of predicting how Marlin will perform - Dec 2007.