sharetrader
Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin

Default Pie

The advantage over the Aussie ones may be that Marlin will be a pie..The under performance of Barrimundi compared with the index may be that the Index funds are commodity based and most would include the big companies. Fishers are small company long term investors. Again with Barrimundi the advantage is that it is a PIE exempt from the Foreign Investor limitations.
    (Hold all Fisher products also AFI now outperforming in Aussie)

Guru

This has been a classic case of "When the DUCKS are quacking, feed them"!!! all the cash taken off punters for what, just like the listing/launching of Platinum Capital in the 90's took a long time before the heads & the warrants regained the issue price IMHO..

Look at KFL in NZ - ran out of puff. But Fisher was clever enough to use that to launch BRM.

BRM has underperformed (and it is not the ASX only but the mid-cap index as well) by 17%. BRM has gone from trading at a premium to trading at a discount.

Now Marlin has opened with a whimper and those playing the warrants are keeping the overall situation at level. But against a head share trading at 90 cents.

Underperformance and so typical of NZ investors.

Guru

Options coming off a little still over priced dispited the long term exercise date

Trading lower. Now why would people put money into a managed fund (yes, managed fund) and sell out a few days later at a loss?

Maybe waking up to the fact that KFL is underperforming badly. BRM is performing poorly. And Marlin is going deep sea diving?

Anyone know when we can expect to hear about how they're spending the money & on what?

Talking

I go along with what you say RATKIN though topped up with BRWA instead.A bit more of the known at this stage to diversify away from the NZ market.NZ market investment options are becoming rather limited.
    living2

Advanced Member

Spent all day yesterday trying to find a new zealand company to invest in (that didnt already hold). Couldnt find anything , gave up and bought marlin instead

I'm not sure about Marlin, but DO agree that there are very slim pickings on NZX right now. I don't see anything that I'd think is undervalued..
    Stocks- ADY, AED, BMN, BURO, GBG, GGP, MON, NWE, RAUO, ROY, TNG, TZL

Veteran novice

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by strayda View Post
    I'm not sure about Marlin, but DO agree that there are very slim pickings on NZX right now. I don't see anything that I'd think is undervalued..
    I'm waiting for PPL to bottom out.