sharetrader
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maknz View Post
    I think it was heading that way already and got slightly blown off course after our rate cut last week, now it's just getting back the business it was already upto before the RBNZ rate decision.
    That doesnt answer the question, why is the NZD so strong against the AUD. One would thought that with the NZ RB cutting rates in Oct and NZ economy weaker than the Aussie, that our dollar would also be weaker.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Interesting if you look over the last 20 yrs the average (red line) has been falling, and swings have been getting smaller.

Arco, where did you get the graph from?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    That doesnt answer the question, why is the NZD so strong against the AUD..
    I don't think it is that strong, it's just strengthening.

Why? I think it's because the Aussie is probably sicker than the NZD at the moment due to the recent economic indicators coming out & AUD/USD has fallen sharper in the last two months than NZD/USD.

And as we can see from arco's graph, NZD gaining on AUD has been the long term trend.

Dr Who

Its the charting package I use for my trading.

(The lines are drawn by me, and red mid line calc using Fibo).

rgds - arco

IMO

Hi folks . The chart im looking at (National Bank) goes back to 93.The NZ dollar is re at its lowest since then. Ive been taking profits in Aus stocks and a few losses and bringing back $A to $Nz re @ $A 74c, i think this correction has a way to go..Hoping to buy back in to aus stocks cheaper post June QE2 and clean up on a rising kiwi against the $Aus. Is anyone else is doing this too and what your thoughts are and if not be int to read your views too,cheers.

RBA is a lot more hawkish than RBNZ.
    NZ interest rates are effectively negative. I think we have a while to go before we are fundamentally in a strong position for there to be any currency and interest rate gains.

IMO

Hi Pumice great to get some sharing,thanks.One of the reasons in doing this is im thinking as QE2 ends there may be mayhem in the markets and in 2008 when the last crises hit there was a massive spike in the $A/$NZ ,i hope to take advantage of this. Meanwhile im protecting all those gains ive made up since the last crises. cheers

Our Dedicated Chatroom is now Open

Go to: www.koolpips.com

When get there Click on : Chat Room

No Registration needed or passwords etc

Please use OPERA , Google CHROME , Mozilla Firefox as Internet explorer seems to be playing up ( old scripts)

rgds Zarif

IMO

Acting like a masked man Zorro trying to steal away posters from sharetrader practically none here to poach. There has been a strong trend reversal in the $a -$nz . Im making good gains after bringing my $a back recently. Was hoping to share these and discuss this but its pretty dead here.Sitting on cash and Aus gold shares mainly. Adios