sharetrader
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default PDN-Paladin Resources

Time to resurrect a PDN thread.
    As the climate change herd behaviour reaches a crescendo this has got to be a good one, especially since it's the only company in a position to sell on the spot market, which is up to US$92 recently. Great one to trade too, I've been in and out a few times. Marius Kloppers said a few weeks age there's an excellent future for uranium. No matter what the States position is it's the only real viable alternative unless you like looking at windmills.
    Nice turnaround in the last few days.
    As I write this U308 up to $93.
    Last edited by Skol; 21-11-2007 at 11:36 AM.

Yes, I have a few U explorers and one producer (PDN).
    A few months ago wanted to reduce my U exposure as U price drifted down, but recently feeling more bullish again.
    LT, I feel demand is there because it's the green alternative to coal for those without hydro/wind. Also, easy to see what's coming because of long lead times for both new reactors and new mines.

A bit concerned about the effect of Aus election on QLD prospects, but actually I don't think Mt Isa is built into the sp anyway - mostly the sp relates to production and to U price. (LT realisation of Qld could be a real big bonus when it finally impacts, so treating this investment as production/U price with a cheap blue-sky exploration component attached.)

Hold PDN, MRO for near(ish) production, PEN & SIM for 2 different kinds of blue sky, Also PDM,HGD,ARU have minor U components.

Banned

According to UXC in the Timesonline, Cameco U is valued at $15.90/lb, ERA U valued at $6.20/lb, Paladin U at $17.10/lb.

Banned

Paladin MD John Borshoff says PDN will be the only U miner to achieve its forecast in 2008.

www.miningweekly.co.za/article.php?a_id=121916
    Last edited by Skol; 30-11-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Banned

Banned

Big volume in the last few days, 12.5m today, most since January. Been in and out of this stock 10 times in the last year or 2, up 20c today.

I think $4.30 was a bottom for this stock. I agree the volume yesterday (over 12mil) was impressive. This stock has a lot of upside, besides production it has very good exploration areas and when (not if) Qld oks uranium mining watch this baby fly!

Doesn't seem to be flying to me based on trend line.... In fact seems to be heading for $3 and below... Prediction: $2.80 by end of 2008?!

Maybe deteriorating price of U is having the adverse effect?

Default outlook for U and for PDN

Quote Originally Posted by mistymountain View Post
    .......Maybe deteriorating price of U is having the adverse effect?
    I was just reading
    http://www.energymetals.net/userfile...ril08final.pdf dated 21 April 08.
    just one opinion, but this guy is connected! Warwick Grigor - Far East Capital.
    partial excerpts:
    Short Term Markets Out of Alignment With Long Term Outlook: Sentiment in uranium stocks, and the spot
    market for uranium, is out of alignment with the long-term outlook for nuclear power. Every week we are seeing
    strong statements of commitment to expanded nuclear power from all around the world. The case for investment in
    the sector is becoming increasingly more compelling. How long can we compress the sentiment spring before it
    bounces back?

and
    The U3O8 spot price has stabilised in the $65-75/lb range for the
    past couple of months, with the latest Trade Tech Spot Price Indicator falling to US$65/lb. This seems to be
    bringing the buyers out, as eight utilities are reported to be seeking 20 mill. pounds at these levels. The latest UX
    Consulting Price is US$68/lb.

and, in a summary of dozen of U producers and explorers
    Paladin Energy - A leader out of favour due to commissioning issues, but still has the best growth curve.
    Investment Perspective: The PDN share price has not been performing as one would expect of an industry leader. Certainly it has been much weaker than ERA. It seems that positions held by the failed broking groups, Opes Prime and Lift, have had a deleterious impact.
    PDN offers comprehensive exposure to the uranium sector with production that has come on-stream at a perfect time to benefit from higher uranium prices, together with a pipeline of projects that will see a growth curve that extends for perhaps a decade. We expect the share price to recover strongly from these levels. It could also be a takeover target.

although I agree the chart looks like a falling trend, the bounces are getting very narrow and on decent volumes, and some weak buy signals (MACD,sto).
    $4.14 on 29 Apr is lowest it's been since that low of $3.94 on 22 Jan.
    Could go either way? Get some now, or wait to see if goes any closer to 3.94?

ToBo

Banned

PDN up 10% overnight on Toronto Stock Exchange. Should be a good open today.
    Big volumes for the last couple of days on the ASX.
    Last edited by Skol; 09-05-2008 at 08:38 AM.